Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have an '07 DX (love it) but am noticing small paint issues.

1. Left engine cover paint flaking around derby cover (inside edges).
2. Derby cover bar and shield bubbling.
3. Front sprocket cover paint flaking at edges.
4. Exhaust tips paint flaking at edges.

07 DX with only 1500 miles! Bike is well cared for. Did they not use primer?
Anyone else with the same issues? Just wondering if it's common and how many parts (if any) a dealer will replace.

I'm not planning on getting rid of the thing but for mucho $$$$$$ I expect a much better finish! Thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
254 Posts
I noticed some flaking of paint today too... some kind of square/triangular ring piece just below the throttle body... the denim paint is peeling off.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
I noticed some flaking of paint today too... some kind of square/triangular ring piece just below the throttle body... the denim paint is peeling off.
Mine is flaking in the same spot under the TB.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
My paint looks brand new, I still just sit at look at my bike. I think I am in love with her :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
no issues with the paint but the back of the front fender as chips in it normal i think after 10k from all the crap hitting the rad and coming back on the fender and also the forks have some chips love the black but you see everything when you wash it but it s all from the road can t keep her in the garage!!!

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
One thought - according to Haley the Denim stuff is supposed to "weather" to give that mean, used look. That's not the same thing as the paint falling off though. I don't have the DX, so I can't add any personal experience.

·
On the dark side
174 Posts
No problems with my Vivid / Denim. But only 4 1/2 months old, 3600 miles on odometer so far.

·
Registered
141 Posts
same thing front sproket cover, will get it taken care of next time i visit the dealer. hopefully they will replace for free:angeldev:

·
Registered
77 Posts
paint bubbling on forks triple trees and on sise cover where bar and shied is thats the orange that is flacking

1 - 14 of 14 Posts