Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out a way to mount my phone without having it mounted to my handlebars.
I like my handlebars the way they look now, I rather not have any attachments added to them.
I know they have the magnet cases, but I read a lot about how they do fall off eventually.
The only thing I can think of is attaching to the triple tree somehow. I know it seems difficult, but not impossible.
It would be nice to have the phone mounted right under the gauges.
(And no, drilling into the airbox is not an option) :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have actually been working on an idea about this. What I have done is take my gopro suction cup mount and flip on of the sticky mounts. I had to use one of the longer screws from another mount. It seems to work. Had to buy an extra phone case.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
You could buy an L bracket from a hardware store and bolt it to your instrument housing and attach an otterbox case( but it at TJMaxx for cheap) to it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I replaced the 2 bottom instrument cluster screws with these from McMaster Carr....metric hex standoff....P/N 92499A604. Thin rubber washer underneath each one.
Used metric screws with countersunk washers to mount case to it....

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I use my moto 360 watch. It can display google maps GPS map, answer the phone, displays texts, even a speedometer on a watch face. All on my wrist too. When I wear my LG tones I got music & GPS voice in my lid. If I had nuviz I would be set .

·
Registered
468 Posts
not quite what you had in mind, but since i had some mounting hardware to work with (courtesy of the flyscreen i have) i did the following (for my dynojet manager), although I started thinking recently that i could possibly move that one blade over a bit and build something else for my iphone to put it next to it... (the dynojet slides off the blade quickly thanks to the plastic U shaped sandwich i put together (that the 4 bolts there hold onto the dynojet unit).

·
Asatruar
2,931 Posts
:them: yep .... seems a first world problem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts