Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 VRSCB, im sure its the exact same on the VRSCA also, but what is behind the frame that the rear upper shock bolt threads into. Mine has a piece that looks like the photo, but do all bikes have this same piece or is there another piece that doesnt have that tongue on it that my factory hardbags mounted too. Im guessing this piece was part of the hard bag kit, but does anyone know for sure, or do all bikes of these years have the piece with the tongue for the bag mounts?

See photo below.........

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Those are a replacement for bag mounts. The standard VRSC's in 2004 had a bolt that the upper shock mounts to.

·
Dare to Dream
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone have a part number or a photo of the part that is there on the bike from the factory? Or is it just a nut that the shock bolt threads into?

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
anyone have a part number or a photo of the part that is there on the bike from the factory? Or is it just a nut that the shock bolt threads into?
The P/N is 48486-01 and it's not just a plain nut. It's a long threaded cylindrical spacer with a hex head, shown in this parts drawing as item 11. BTW, the part you show is P/N 79068-01 and not available as a separate item (you have to buy the entire saddle bag support kit). It's often needed by those that buy used saddle bags and mounts because it's left on the bike when the bag supports are removed and sold.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its called a shock support mount and I may actually need that part for my saddlebags. The used bags and brackets I bought did not come with that piece, most likely it was left on the bike they were originally installed on. Are you looking to get rid of them? I am interested in buying them if you are.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
When I have time I'll check my bracket/saddle bag kit from my 03'. I might have left it on the bike when I traded it...:banghead:

·
Registered
13 Posts
does anyone have the dimensions or pictures of the shock support mount? Looks like I'm going to have to find a way to fabricate a set.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,373 Posts
A few years back I made a bracket that will do what you want and utilize the stock top shock nut, attached concept sketch. I still have them around but have moved in last 6 months and still have much packed away.
You should easily be able to get machine shop to duplicate. You will have to figure location for bag bracket attchment point though.
Basically a piece of flat bars stock, drilled and milled to accept stock shock nut. The flat keys with the nut flat and keeps it from rotating.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey I have the exact same problem w my used mounting kit. the 2 shock top flanges are missing. I have the nylon bags with the zip velcro top. Do you have these flanges available? I did see your drawings for this, are they the same for this set of bags? the bag #91441-06. Would love it if you have already have some of these made, or could u resend the diagram. Note: you haven't provided the flange length or width on the diagram, thanks brian

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey I have been looking around for those two pieces that were not included in my mounting kit. Do you still have them? If so that would be great and I could then mount my bags

1 - 12 of 12 Posts