Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I'm a tallish guy 6' 4", and when I'm going highway speed on my DX, the wind really starts pushing my knees apart and it gets tiring after about an hour. Is there a solution to this or do I need to start doing some thigh excersizes?

·
Registered
244 Posts
they sell a kit that moves the pegs i think an inch further forward and that should help alot, but if that doesnt work, keep your legs tight to the frame and the wind wont catch as much... if neither of these work, then yea, you might need to call up Ms. Summers.... I'm 5'10" and if i let my legs loose the wind will catch them at highway speed.. i just make an effort to keep them close to the bike... good luck!!!!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
Buy some diferent pegs the stock pegs are really short when I took one for a demo ride I had the issue of my feet falling off due to how bow legged you needed to sit to get around the new wider frame the pegs I have are about an 1.5 inches wider would think that would make all the difference in the world

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm 6'4" and installed the v-mod 3" forward control extensions....love it!! My legs aren't quite straight, but much more comfortable, especially on the highway.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I dont think it would be safe to have Susan Somers sitting on your lap while you ride. Maybe she can sit behind you and lock you legs down with hers.

The more you ride the more trained those muscles will get and it wont be an issue.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
ultraswg said:
Long story short, I'm a tallish guy 6' 4", and when I'm going highway speed on my DX, the wind really starts pushing my knees apart and it gets tiring after about an hour. Is there a solution to this or do I need to start doing some thigh excersizes?

I had the same problem but it didn't take but a couple of long rides to get me and my legs used to it. I'm sure it'll be the same for you.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I hang my ankles over the pegs with my feet pronated. Works for me (6-2") the wind pushes my legs towards the bike then. Before I figured that out I had the same problem.

? - There is a kit to move DX pegs further forward then stock? I would LOVE that!!! I didnt think you could without going custom.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ultraswg said:

im the same hight as you and I had a similar feeling when I first started riding, now that ive riden for a while I dont have those mussle streigns. it took about 2-3months of riding to go away

·
matt blk & fire hot
1,569 Posts
Biker Bill said:
I was going to do this too!, no joke! sometimes holding my legs tight to the frame would hurt so much, It made it tough to screw at the end of the ride! I'm going for some velcro bands on the pant legs and velcro tabs on the frame. I just know I would forget a bungee cord at a stop light, and look dam stupid laying over with a bike on my leg. just think how hard it would be to screw then!:D :eatme:

·
Registered
26 Posts
ultraswg said:

Learn to like it.

Im 6'7" and im not bitch'n

Your on a HD, get use to the wind

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
ultraswg said:
When at cruising speed I lock my boots under the brake and shifter and this gives me a rest.

You might consider adjustig your brake/shifter, or get a seat that lets you sit a little further back. Many people have the opposite issue and need to go the other way.

I am 5'11" and it is a perfect fit for me :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts