Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered Used
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So has anyone fitted front fork Ricor Intiminators to their R? If so how did it feel bearing in mind one side is a cartridge. I'm hoping to get rid of a wobble I get if I as much as run over a pebble at about 100mph.
Cheers

·
Registered
308 Posts
When I asked they said they didn't make them for the USD forks.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Since their valve is for the dampening rod fork, it seems to me that it is much like the Race Tech gold valve. There is good feedback on the Race Tech valve.

Can you get springs based on your weight from them?

·
Registered Used
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But has anyone fitted just ONE Intininator to the left damping leg on the R.

Well I have just discovered their main office is in Bournemouth only 15 miles from where I live so looks like a visit is in order.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Not sure about this product, but several folks have installed the RaceTech gold valve, which seems like a similar product.

15min away...yes, please visit and post what you find out.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
So has anyone fitted front fork Ricor Intiminators to their R? If so how did it feel bearing in mind one side is a cartridge. I'm hoping to get rid of a wobble I get if I as much as run over a pebble at about 100mph.
Cheers
I'm wondering if your front sag is set correctly. If you don't have enough sag, there isn't enough fork extension left to compensate for drops in the pavement, causing the front wheel to lose ground contact. At 100+ mph, sitting in an upright position, there is a tendency for the front end to wheelie. You are pulling on your handlebars quite hard.

Maybe you just need to cut your spring spacers 1/2"? BTW, if you replace your stock spacers with 1-1/4" PVC (for experimental purposes), you need to lower your fork oil level by the difference in the volume of oil it displaces.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts