Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to install my cutting illusion fender today and I need to cut the fender bracket off , it makes me sick cutting into my bike

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
It totally sucks! BUT... that fender is sooooo gooooooooodddddddd!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Post pics when done!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
You'll get over it,trust me.
When I first started hacking on my 03,I always had the idea in the back of my mind that there's a Harley dealer 9 miles down the road that I could always buy replacement parts that I destroyed...............I never had to go there for destroyed parts.:)

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Oh, man, I know the feeling. Here is how bad I am. I Have two of each of my bikes and my car, one to keep original and perfect, and the other to modify twelve ways from Sunday. Six vehicles so far and no intention of stopping. It's like Noah's Ark, two by two by two.
When the part is removable, I will save the original and buy a used part to modify so I can always go back to stock if I want to.

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
ahh,, it's just a DX....lots of those around.....:hidesbeh:

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
do it!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
kelrushNZ
122 Posts
its worth it when it looks like this

im going to install my cutting illusion fender today and I need to cut the fender bracket off , it makes me sick cutting into my bike
Here is a couple pictures of my je illusion fender, to give you some visual insperation to do it
plenty of inner fender left its made of tuf stuff, i still double up here

Attachments

·
brett
9,338 Posts
makes me as nervouse as hell ,but thats ok ,just makes me a bit more careful and double and triple check it,rather than just hacking in ,like usual,lol

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I was sweating bullets when I had to use a rubber mallet to remove the exhaust the first time to do the VMOD. I must of called poor RJ a million times that night.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well it went good , still had that sick feeling as sparks were flying . The neighbor wondered what the hell I was doing to a new bike lol

I always think I will put stuff back to stock when I sell it but I never do and I cant see selling this bike , its just getting good now

here is a quick camera pic

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=158357&d=1286804697

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
People just dont understand modifying is an addiction like gambling! who else would chop up a perfectly good expensive motorcycle?

·
Asphalt Cowboy
23 Posts
quick interjection. is the stock fender worth cutting or is there a better candidate?

what have you guys done that way?

thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts