Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, would like some feed back....did it make noticable gaines from the seat of the pants? Worth the $$$ spent?....etc
I already have twin tec,26 tooth, rine hearts 2-2, just looking to wake this thing up alittle more. Open for suggestions

·
Registered
631 Posts
I was told that it is about an 8 hp gain for cams in the SE2

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
dump the rhinehart 2-2 for a 2-1 and youll see a good gain in horse power. those 2-2 are a power killer.

·
reservation dogs
1,993 Posts
I put a set of Megacycle cams in mine and lost the abailty to run under 3000rpm, over 3000 it ran great but a real dog under that, and in stop and go traffic you can't run high rpm all the time. I had to put the stock cams back in for my style of riding.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
josephthreedogs said:
I put a set of Megacycle cams in mine and lost the abailty to run under 3000rpm, over 3000 it ran great but a real dog under that, and in stop and go traffic you can't run high rpm all the time. I had to put the stock cams back in for my style of riding.
Which Megacycles?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
josephthreedogs said:
X1 intake
X2 exhaust
Thanks. .450/.415 Those would seem rather mild - interesting to hear how much your low end suffered.

·
TURBONATOR
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the info I'm after...keep it coming
Thanks

·
Registered
631 Posts
tyson876 said:
dump the rhinehart 2-2 for a 2-1 and youll see a good gain in horse power. those 2-2 are a power killer.
I disagree...even looking at Rinehart's website they tell you that the 2-2 makes more power than the 2-1

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
I've got the Eagle 1350 BB kit installed with Megacycle 480/450 cams, the Falicon 1/4" crank, HD Stroker Rods, 58mm Throttle Body, Oversize Velocity Stacks, Destroyer Injector, ported/polished heads and Rinehart 2:1's. I haven't completed the "after break-in" dyno yet but when my dealer completed assembly and tuned for my break-in it was 140 rwhp. Pretty good with a 260 rear tire. Runs great, I'm lovin' it. I've logged 1200 miles in the last month and I'm ready for the dyno before the Sturgis Run.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
Toys 'R Me said:
I've got the Eagle 1350 BB kit installed with Megacycle 480/450 cams, the Falicon 1/4" crank, HD Stroker Rods, 58mm Throttle Body, Oversize Velocity Stacks, Destroyer Injector, ported/polished heads and Rinehart 2:1's. I haven't completed the "after break-in" dyno yet but when my dealer completed assembly and tuned for my break-in it was 140 rwhp. Pretty good with a 260 rear tire. Runs great, I'm lovin' it. I've logged 1200 miles in the last month and I'm ready for the dyno before the Sturgis Run.
That's exactly my build from Eagle except I don't have the Destroyer injectors -- I spent about 300 bucks polishing the heads, so I don't know how that compares to your head work. Eagle dyno'd my bike at 147/95 with a 180 tire when it was brand new. I have about 1700 mile on my engine now and it screams. My engine is very smooth between 2500 to 3000 rpms, but gets kinda rough between 3000 to 4000 if you just try to cruise in that RPM range. Torque comes in at about 3000 and pulls hard to the redline -- you can hold it at any RPM above 4000 and it purrs like a tiger.

I am very pleased with the 480/450 Megacyles -- I haven't had any problems running them on the street or down the highway.

I am interested to see what your bike does on the dyno after its broke in and any changes you make to the map. I may want to try your map (I'm guessing your running a Race Tuner???).

Take care. cw

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
CW,
Yep, running the SERT, Eagle did the heads. I haven't done dead-stop high-rev start yet but the other day after being challenged by an air-head at a stop sign I rolled for about 10 yards, revved to 3000, hit it with a slight tire break, at 5000 the rear tire completely broke loose and I screamed to 8000 rpm without moving until the tire finally caught. Man, it took off.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Toys 'R Me said:
CW,
Yep, running the SERT, Eagle did the heads. I haven't done dead-stop high-rev start yet but the other day after being challenged by an air-head at a stop sign I rolled for about 10 yards, revved to 3000, hit it with a slight tire break, at 5000 the rear tire completely broke loose and I screamed to 8000 rpm without moving until the tire finally caught. Man, it took off.
how much did you spend for those extensive mods?

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
how much did you spend for those extensive mods?
4 Grand

·
Registered
631 Posts
Toys 'R Me said:
cheaper than I thought...food for thought

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
cheaper than I thought...food for thought
Sorry, I forgot, I had already done the 58mm throttle body, velocity stacks, SERT and exhaust. You can probably expect about another $1000.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Toys 'R Me said:
Sorry, I forgot, I had already done the 58mm throttle body, velocity stacks, SERT and exhaust. You can probably expect about another $1000.
that is what kinda figured...I think I will just go with the Turbo kit...same amt of money but more hp gained

1 - 17 of 17 Posts