Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an 'extra' Throttle Body in good condition for an 2003 VRSCA? Don't ask...long story.

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
:hidesbeh:

What you do?

you get anything in the mail yet.

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically, I was attempting to inspect/clean the IAC motor while I had good access and the most forward screw head broke. After sever hours of using Vice-grips, spraying lubricants, heating, drilling, easy-outing (yeah right) the screw hole split in several places.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
If you can't get one easy and cheap.Get the ferrous broken screw out and fill the hole with aluminum at a shop using a heli arc.Around here,this would cost about $15.
Then drill and tap a new hole.

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you can't get one easy and cheap.Get the ferrous broken screw out and fill the hole with aluminum at a shop using a heli arc.Around here,this would cost about $15.
Then drill and tap a new hole.
Hopefully, someone has one laying around that wants to part with it for a reasonable amount of cash and your idea may be my 2nd best option.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a couple for a 08 VRSCDX. 27657-01. Parts numbers are the same. Shoot me a PM with your address we can work something out.

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Throttle Body

I have a couple for a 08 VRSCDX. 27657-01. Parts numbers are the same. Shoot me a PM with your address we can work something out.
PM Sent

Question: Would a different Throttle Body (with the same part number) need to be tweaked for my bike?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Do an 1130cc and a 1250cc use the same throttle bodies?

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HoneyB,

Don't have a clue...Khaib may have something for me....at least the part number (27657-01) is for the 1130cc.

Thank you just the same.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
HoneyB,

Don't have a clue...Khaib may have something for me....at least the part number (27657-01) is for the 1130cc.

Thank you just the same.
I don't have an extra one. I just noticed that Khaib has a 1250cc motor, and you don't.
I was just looking for some clarification.

·
Voluptuous 'V'
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand..

As long as the part number matches... it should be good to go. My parts manual calls out 27657-01 for the throttle body. Don't know if they need different tweaking for different motor sizes. Someone else on the forum may know this answer...

Thanks for the input/clarification.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts