Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
i have heard (unconfirmed) that honda gimped the engine in terms of horsepower because the front end is too light or something. could be pure bullshit.

it is a good looking bike.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
For once (ever) I agree with Vambo. Choppers are silly to begin with, but a Honda chopper, That's a "chopper" right out of the box........... No.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Y'all are just hatin...

Actually I liked them until I saw one in person. They are a great 50 foot bike but up close in real life the plastic starts to show and they look like a toy Chinese chopper hit with a enlarging ray gun....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol!! No I'm not kidding. Come on guys, bias aside, you gotta admit it's pretty cool. If Harley launched a Chopper style bike you'd all be gushing I'm sure, as would I. Neat concept, not a bad start either for a mass production chopper style bike. I am tempted, not sold...but tempted.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ha weak motor no doubt, but I don't want a chopper for speed, it's for cruising. Vrod is for performance .. The front end on the Fury is amazing, they did a nice job. I just don't know what to do. Wait for Harley to wake up and get it together or bite the bullet? Hmm. Decisions.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah, I looked at the blacked-out Fury when they first came out. I like the concept and the bike felt like it could be fun. A few things turned me away such as their choice to use the 1300cc VTX engine instead of the 1800. It's also missing a 6th gear and a 5+ gallon fuel tank to finish the bike. I'm keeping an eye on their future models.

·
slave to the grind
1,188 Posts
I don't like it. Its a cheap attempt to lure suckers into the chopper world without the sticker shock. I heard one this spring and laughed so hard the guy heard me over his moped. I'm sorry. I don't have to admit it's cool. It's not...I'm just saying.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.