Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using "D" bars on my '07 DX and need some "longer" black mirrors to help me see around my wide body. As it is, I always have to move (while riding) to get a better look at traffic behind me and it takes a few extra seconds with my eyes off the traffic in front of me.

I want to keep the bike's good looks, but am concerned about safety issues.

http://community.webshots.com/user/jbrayls

Any suggestions?

Thanks

JB

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Your best option is probably to relocate your turn signals and flip your mirrors. This allows for much better visibility.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
the reason i havn't changed my mirrors to aftermarket ones, is i think the stock ones work really well,i have seen some bikes with really neat looking mirrors but you cant see bugger all behind you.maybe flipping them as 07 suggests might be the best option.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
:vrodforu: If you're using D bars you can't flip the mirrors without hitting the airbox cover. If you switch to a drag bar then you can flip the mirrors and you wouldn't believe how much better it is untill you do it.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
While flipped mirrors look great I put mine back to stock position because you lose the ability to just move your eyes to see. You have to move your head to get a view when they are under the bars. To each their own.

·
Registered
964 Posts
I need to find some I like as well.. They have to be black glossy for me.

Want to look at some from eurocustoms or one of the german shops, but have to wait to rob my next bank...everything from those guys is expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
When you flip the mirrors it all depends on how they are set as to your rear view. I have no prob glancing at the mirrors as I have them set. :) There is a prob if you are running with passenger however, their knees get in the way.:hmm:

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
I posted these elswear, but I like the idea of these bichin' ass mirrors mounted under the bar....as far as length, I'm not sure how much farther than stock they'll be....But I'll have to sacrifice it ;-)
They're Pro One "Large Flame" black powder coated billet and machined around the edges..........

·
Registered
964 Posts
they are cool but look more chopper(ish) to me.

I want more of a hot rod look.

·
Registered
138 Posts
OMG Billet in black

These are great mirrors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks gang! I appreciate all of the insight. I really want to have clear vision without moving my head.

Thanks for the pics of flipping the mirrors. I was clueless on that one! Very interesting approach.

·
Registered
964 Posts
:them:

Yes i agree they are my favorite ness ones. i think they would be the most functional as well.

The shape is kinda killing me though....cant believe its so hard to decide on a stupid set of mirrors.

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ride safe, and choose what makes you feel comfortable, but after doing numerous track days, personally I feel mirrors on a bike are highly over rated.

I'd rather look over my shoulder as I always do... once you ride without mirrors a few times, you get very used to them not being there.

As for using mirrors, I only have them because state law requires them.

1st rule of Italian driving... dont worry about what's behind you, just ride/drive faster than everyone else and you dont have to worry about it. hahahah.

Seriously though, yeah, mirrors can be important, but like I said, I look over my shoulder before changing lanes regardless out of habit. I wouldnt miss my mirrors if they weren't there. My point is, dont rely heavly upon your mirrors necessarily.

·
HOLY RODKNOCKERS !
156 Posts
they do make extentions that, bolt to existing mirros that raise them up higher, if thats what you want to do. I went this route !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts