Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may have located an 08 finally, but it is vivid/pewter. Very nice color combo, but I was hoping for vivid/orange. Anyone out there with the orange setup willing to trade for pewter?

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Doc...you might have a hard time with this...i see most 08 guys seem to love the orange far above the pewter...Manolo has Pewter and it is nice,i demod a pewter and its got nice metalflake!....but HD colors orange is tradition!..

Dan

·
Registered
488 Posts
I WILL TRADE ASAP, I wanted the pewter but would have had to wait till NOV..Let me know

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Pewter is so..

The Pewter is so cool looking, plus with the Pewter you can put some chrome accents on the DX like chrome braided cables and it makes everything jump out at you.

Do chrome anything with the orange strips and it looks out of place. But, the Pewter it accents perfectly with chrome or black accessories.

08 DX Vivid/Pewter

·
Registered
143 Posts
I also "settled" for the pewter....but I have to admit it has grown on me - a lot.

Understated, classy, still kinda "hot-roddy" (if thats a word).....

get it in the sun and she sparkles right up.

I no longer feel like I 'settled'.....

I was after the denim, but after washing her a few times, I am WAY glad I ended up with vivid.......

Hell - when it comes down to it - they are all BAD ASSSSSSSSSSS

·
Dark Side
560 Posts
Slick Willy said:
Hell - when it comes down to it - they are all BAD ASSSSSSSSSSS
I love my orange and I would feel like I settled for anything else but you are right on the money there. They all look killer!!:D

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
I actually LOVE the pewter flake metallic......now.
I didn't like the orange at all...but certainly was a good match for the lettering and the wheel pinstriping...that one has flow. But not for me. I wanted the '07 color scheme of vivid w/ denim stripes. Whatever. I chose "the lesser of two evils".....so to speak. Dig?

[EDIT]-Just realized...the pewter flake is IDENTICAL to the silver metallic flake the Patriots use for their helmets.....minus the blood from the last six teams they've rolled through and over....Ahhh.....all is well.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
pewter is nice! ....id like to see the HD insignia on airbox cover done to match in pewter.....this was the one reason I didnt like it,cause it didnt match there...that would be a nice mod...

nice pic!

·
Registered
26 Posts
The orange doesn't match the HD lettering either

The orange strips don't match the H-D lettering just like the Pewter doesn't match.

Orange is the racing color and it's color matched for thanksgiving and halloween, oh martha stewart is so proud of willie g.

08 DX Vivid and Pewter

·
Registered
318 Posts
Why not just get some orange vinyl stripes and place them over your stripes. I know it wouldn't be the same but it would look good and you could remove it later if you want.
You can get vinyl very thin now so you almost cant tell its a sticker.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
whylee said:
Why not just get some orange vinyl stripes and place them over your stripes. I know it wouldn't be the same but it would look good and you could remove it later if you want.
You can get vinyl very thin now so you almost cant tell its a sticker.
If you look in the good Doc's gallery, you'll quickly realize he doesn't half ass ANYTHING to do with his scoot(s)....Tre nice!:notworth:

·
l337ub3rn00b
227 Posts
I like my pewter stripes. Racing stripes makes my bike go faster. If I had red stripes, then I would be able to go even faster...

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
Doc, I'm with you. I got the vivid/pewter because it was available sooner, what I really wanted was the vivid/orange. Oh well I can live with it. It seems like a lot of DXers had to settle for what was available.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What I thought I wanted was the Vivid/Pewter but when the only DX that was available was a Vivid/Orange I jumped on it. I haven't regretted my decision for even an instant. The Orange really jumps out. Then again, I loved my Millenium Yellow Zo6. Guess I'm addicted to really loud colors.

Now I'm trying to find a good pinstriper to redo my Harley helmet with orange pinstripes to replace the white. Anyone know someone in the Northern Virginia area?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had my choice of orange or pewter

When I bought my 08 DX I had the choice of orange stripes or pewter stripes. After seeing how the chrome braided cables look on the bike with the pewter stripes I knew I had made the right choice.

My bud's got a DX with orange stripes, but chrome looks out of place on his black bike.

The pewter stripes complement any little chrome accents.

·
"Easy Wind"
179 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts