Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one try out the Burleigh bars for the Muscle?
www.burleighbars.com.au

Looks like they have a few different styles for the muscle and the nrs

They look comfortable, just not sure if addtional cables and wires will be required to make the swap.
If anyone has expierence with these bars please share.
SB

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yep put mine on last week look great and fit me just right im 5'10 gave me about 5 to 6 inches pull back.
No on the cables use the original ones

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep put mine on last week look great and fit me just right im 5'10 gave me about 5 to 6 inches pull back.

Happy to hear you can use the stock cables.
Are you using a HD sheild with the new bars?
I see they have a set on there site that is raduised on the bend back vs a mitered cut.
wich style did you go with?
thanks. SB

·
Registered
60 Posts
I went with the muscle bars and i had a hd quick release windshield
but where did you see on site a shield that would fit???
im trying to adapted mine to the bike with out drilling holes in the bars??
looking for a quick release clamp that is 44m/ or 1.75 that will work.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went with the muscle bars and i had a hd quick release windshield
but where did you see on site a shield that would fit???
im trying to adapted mine to the bike with out drilling holes in the bars??
looking for a quick release clamp that is 44m/ or 1.75 that will work.
I Did not see any mounting brackets for the HD windsheild to fit the Burleigh Bar. But if I do I will pass the information on.
I diffinitley would like the option to remove winsheild at any time like the original muscle handle bar set up.

anyway how long did it take to receive the bars from austrilia?
Is there is no adjustment to roll bars forword or backward.
sometimes this postion is a personal prefrence.
I would think muscle riders would be all over these bars for comfort. My guess is you maybe the only one to try these bars.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I Did not see any mounting brackets for the HD windsheild to fit the Burleigh Bar. But if I do I will pass the information on.
I diffinitley would like the option to remove winsheild at any time like the original muscle handle bar set up.

anyway how long did it take to receive the bars from austrilia?
Is there is no adjustment to roll bars forword or backward.
sometimes this postion is a personal prefrence.
I would think muscle riders would be all over these bars for comfort. My guess is you maybe the only one to try these bars.
http://www.burleighbars.com.au/gallery.php

great gallery for those looking for muscle or Night Rods handlebars

·
Registered
60 Posts
It took about 10 days i called and talk to dave and karen a few times they were great help. no theres no adjustment on bars but it took me about 3-4 hours to install had to unpin all the wires its much more comfortable to ride. i will get that windshield on there so how.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It took about 10 days i called and talk to dave and karen a few times they were great help. no theres no adjustment on bars but it took me about 3-4 hours to install had to unpin all the wires its much more comfortable to ride. i will get that windshield on there so how.
Let me know if you find some wind sheild clamps that work and look good.
I appreciate your feed back. I Plan to get burleigh bars soon before next riding season
Hope to hear from other muscle owners on what they are using for windsheild clamps on the burleigh bars and there reviews on handle bars Mery Christmas SB

·
Registered
23 Posts
Any one try out the Burleigh bars for the Muscle?
www.burleighbars.com.au

Looks like they have a few different styles for the muscle and the nrs

They look comfortable, just not sure if addtional cables and wires will be required to make the swap.
If anyone has expierence with these bars please share.
SB
Yeah, I got some. I don't notice much pullback. I want a set of modified stock muscle bars. I need to find a place that can cut and extend a set.

No additional cables were needed but they are a bit tight now. Rubbing more against the bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the Burleigh Bars and the HD quick release windshield. Went right ahead and drilled and tapped the bars for the post sockets (or whatever you call them). Works fine, bars are quite thick. Had to put a little spacer under the head of the sockets, I just used a hard rubber faucet washer, works perfect. Love the bars, no issue with cable lengths.

·
FFFWD
765 Posts
I have the Burleigh Bars and the HD quick release windshield. Went right ahead and drilled and tapped the bars for the post sockets (or whatever you call them). Works fine, bars are quite thick. Had to put a little spacer under the head of the sockets, I just used a hard rubber faucet washer, works perfect. Love the bars, no issue with cable lengths.
Good info. Thanks, MM.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Did you just both them direct to the top triple tree, or make some kind of bushing? Or did they supply one?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts