Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dont know about the chrome back wheel, but I have an 08 Anniversary AW and Im going to powercoat the wheel black and have the hub and slot part polished, and the front rim coated black as well....just my .02

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks pretty neat! The reason for the chrome is to clean the brake dust off easier from the chrome. The aluminum, wheel is a b..ch to keep clean. I am also thinking to do the front laced wheel although that awful looking silver powder coat on the front wheels keeps the brake dust at bay it still would look better with both wheels chromed.

Thanks for the reply guys.:thumb:

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
have you considered switching to Lyndall or EBC brake pads to cut down and or eliminate brake dust?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like it will have to be Lyndell pads for now until I have the cash to chrome the wheels. Chroming is way to expensive here in BC or Canada for that matter. Thanks guys. Roy

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does the chrome smooth over the machine marks in the wheels? Or did you have them sanded down?

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Me?
The typical chrome plating process involves several layers of plating - the first usually being copper plating. This plating has good leveling and is polished before the subsequent nickel plating. Unless the machining marks are very deep, they will not show in the final productt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts