Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a pair of master cylinder covers in finned brass , just like these

but to fit the V-Rod master cylinders.
I'm in the UK but happy to pay shipping from anywhere.....

Steve

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
call covington cycle.. they're covers already look like that.. so i would think since they are already set up fpr the design it would be as easy as just getting the metal.. 580 256 2939

·
Registered
245 Posts
I need a pair of master cylinder covers in finned brass , just like these

but to fit the V-Rod master cylinders.
I'm in the UK but happy to pay shipping from anywhere.....

Steve
Steve,
How much are you willing to pay to have these custom made, then shipped to you?

·
www.badpenny.org
4,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Steve,
How much are you willing to pay to have these custom made, then shipped to you?
I may have struck lucky and found someone in the UK to make them , but if I get stuck i'll get back to you.
I reckon there is a market for these though - I seem to be the only person on here with a penchant for brass parts , but I can see these selling in chrome or black with chrome fin edges.......

Steve

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
We own a full fledged machine shop that has been in the business for over 43 years! Hit me up for a quote. www.dafitzgerald.com is the machine shop side of my business.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Thanks TBones for the comments, matter of fact I do walk on water. Stop on by Monday - Friday and I'll show you.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Thanks TBones for the comments, matter of fact I do walk on water. Stop on by Monday - Friday and I'll show you.
You're welcome... Nah, I think I'll stick with us lil guys that are just mortal... I take council and mentorship from guys like Tim and Nick who don't walk on water but are just men who let their talents speak rather then their mouths... I'm just an old man who can handle a wrench or two, I'm a follower not a leader in the industry... I show respect and respect is given back and when someone reaches out their hand to me and apologizes, I accept it... I follow guys like Dan Baisley and Jerry Branch amongst others, people I've grown up with and dealt with since before you got out of diapers... The one's that are leaders in the industry not followers, the innovators and not the copiers, the ones pushing the technological envelope...

I'm kinda funny that way in my old age, I've seen alot of "kids" who think they are bullet proof and ten feet tall and can walk on water... Everyone of them are gone now but the real movers and shakers in the industry are still around and setting records...

By the way, you have any scoots your going to run at Bonnieville this year during speedweek? I've gone to your website, I wasn't able to find any bikes you've set records with? Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough... Yet, when I go to Tim Doherty, Nick Trask, Jerry Branch, Dan Baisley just to name a few, they have their bikes posted on their websites that they've set records with...

I'm thinking I might swing by there this year and watch Tim smoke the Busa's, that ought to be something to see :)... Would love to see you go after them too, do you have a bike in the works to compete with the Busa's for the record?... If Tim will allow me to be part of his pit crew down there in the flats that would be kewl... Bout the only thing I'll be able to do is maybe put air in the tires but I make a pretty good cheering section... I should be ez to spot if you make it this year, I'll be the old man riding a dresser with a blower on it, don't think there's too many of us runn'en round the country right now...

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Try Pm'ing Pondo ?? :hidesbeh:
:angeldev: You beat me to it!
2 shit disturbers if I ever saw them. :)

You're welcome... Nah, I think I'll stick with us lil guys that are just mortal... I take council and mentorship from guys like Tim and Nick who don't walk on water but are just men who let their talents speak rather then their mouths... I'm just an old man who can handle a wrench or two, I'm a follower not a leader in the industry... I show respect and respect is given back and when someone reaches out their hand to me and apologizes, I accept it... I follow guys like Dan Baisley and Jerry Branch amongst others, people I've grown up with and dealt with since before you got out of diapers... The one's that are leaders in the industry not followers, the innovators and not the copiers, the ones pushing the technological envelope...

I'm kinda funny that way in my old age, I've seen alot of "kids" who think they are bullet proof and ten feet tall and can walk on water... Everyone of them are gone now but the real movers and shakers in the industry are still around and setting records...

By the way, you have any scoots your going to run at Bonnieville this year during speedweek? I've gone to your website, I wasn't able to find any bikes you've set records with? Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough... Yet, when I go to Tim Doherty, Nick Trask, Jerry Branch, Dan Baisley just to name a few, they have their bikes posted on their websites that they've set records with...

I'm thinking I might swing by there this year and watch Tim smoke the Busa's, that ought to be something to see :)... Would love to see you go after them too, do you have a bike in the works to compete with the Busa's for the record?... If Tim will allow me to be part of his pit crew down there in the flats that would be kewl... Bout the only thing I'll be able to do is maybe put air in the tires but I make a pretty good cheering section... I should be ez to spot if you make it this year, I'll be the old man riding a dresser with a blower on it, don't think there's too many of us runn'en round the country right now...
Wow, Tbones you sure have a lot to say for yourself since recently becoming a " Vendor. " What's up with all of this hostility lately?

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Wow, Tbones you sure have a lot to say for yourself since recently becoming a " Vendor. " What's up with all of this lately?
Just old age setting in, I get grumpy during the winter, bones ache more, joints ache more, cabin fever sets in and when I go to a man (make that a kid) with a hand out and a olive branch and it's slapped away, I have a tendency to take it personal... Don't know why, it's just me... Soon as spring hits then I'll be off the forum again doing what I love to do...

Being a "Vendor" on this site isn't all that great, too many bs rules and conditions set by other members... I've been on this site for awhile now, don't post much compared to most, I try to help where I can, give members a good deal when I can and contribute where I can to the community... My main focus is my school, parts selling is not something I want to do or make a living at but I need the vendors for my school...

I tried to stay low key but was chastised by the other "vendors" and admin for "selling" to members and not being a "vendor", then when I finally decided to become a vendor, I get accused of stealing business from the same ones that told me to become a "vendor"... No one vendor on this site has exclusive rights to anyone or anything...

Competition is good for business and good for the members... Making wild accusations without one shred of proof only drives "vendors" away and the choices for members become limited to just one or two vendors that think they own the place... So, yeah I've got a lot to say and I'm trying to stay civil about things but I'm done taking bs from certain people on this site that think they run the place...

I will conduct my business the way I see fit and I will do it within the rules set down by admin not by what other vendors say... Other than that, if certain vendors on this site don't like how I do business, they can go tell it to their preacher... Members can choose who they want to buy from and should have more than one option out there... I have owned three successful mc businesses over the span of 30 years and I've always lived by this motto, let those who ride decide who takes care of them the best... It's kept me in good sted for a long time...

My loyalty lies with my vendors that have given me the honor and priviledge to be a dealer for them... They are in a way my boss and I will always try to represent their companies with honor and integrity... Some "vendors" on this site need to make up their minds who they are loyal to and which dealership they represent... Nuff said...

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Those caps look good.
What needs to be done on the caps for the late bikes is to machine a groove that accepts an O-Ring.I'd bet money that a lid that did not leak would sell so well that a CNC machine could not keep up with demand.Every single late model Harley on the market has leaky master caps.
6061 is all that's needed and a number of designs could be machined into the top.6061 stock sells for less than 2 dollars a pound in the salvage yard I buy my material at.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Those caps look good.
What needs to be done on the caps for the late bikes is to machine a groove that accepts an O-Ring.I'd bet money that a lid that did not leak would sell so well that a CNC machine could not keep up with demand.Every single late model Harley on the market has leaky master caps.
6061 is all that's needed and a number of designs could be machined into the top.6061 stock sells for less than 2 dollars a pound in the salvage yard I buy my material at.
Stay tuned, I believe Tim will be adding some surprises to his inventory...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts