Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if HD currently has dealer incentives on new, non-current VRSC's? I'd heard there was $1k recently.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
End if the 2010 model year (last 60 days before the '11's came out) there was a $2k factory rebate as the MoCo had announced the priced drop for the new model year and dealers didn't want to be stuck with a bunch of '10s. So you can probably get a 10 for the reduced 11 price, but any "incentive" is likely going to be in the part of the dealers themselves to get rid of the inventory.

OTOH - it appears that VRSCs are starting to increase in popularity (bout frkkin time), so with inventory moving, stealerships might be less likely to deal. Best time to buy is always dead of winter from a snowbound dealership. You can usually save enough to justify the travel.

Rick

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
None needed.

Buyers are in great demand at the moment. Regardless of model or year. The "incentive" is for the salesmen to make his mortgage and to keep the dealership above water. A buyer should do really well right now and if not, walk, and do the next dealer.
Now, a factory rebate on top of a sweet deal would really rock but the potential to slam them is great.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Give a reasonable offer to a dealership and hold. If they don't deal walk and start calling. The chances are you will find one that will accept your offer.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen what I was told was invoice on an '09 and '10 with ABS. I'm biased toward one of the root beer Super Glides this time around so I didn't jump at it.

On my way out they suggested they could do better. I'm trying to determine what they've got to work with.

I thought I was going to go gaga for the leftover black ice AW but in the sun it takes on very effeminate lavender hues. I'm interested in anyone that has that color's thoughts on living with it, too. Why they don't leave these anodized escapes me.

Thanks!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Shop away from the dealers.Just because unemployment numbers are down does not mean the economy is good again.It means that less people have the benefit.It is still a buyers market out there,and will be for another few years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts