Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

This forum is a great source of information for the V-Rod. I read it as often as I am plugged in.

But what about when we are unplugged from the internet? Are there any good motorcycle magazines that cover V-Rod stuff? Or at least have the occasional V-Rod article?

I just read about American Iron pubshing a story about the cam bearings on the twin cam 88. I guess I am looking for something technical like that on our V-Rods, besides the "look how pretty my V-Rod can be with an unlimited budget" articles, but I suppose even those will do.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Unfortunately, most of the motorcycle journalistic community isn't quite sure where the V-Rod fits in.

It certainly isn't a sportbike - so most of your street squid mags pass it up. Likewise it isn't a true "metric cruiser" - so the sort of magazines that cater to such don't give it much coverage. It also has taken a while for the Harley-orientated magazines to pay much attention - it got great initial reviews, but it seems that technical or how-to articles are few and far between.

Motorcyclist magazine did take one into their long-term test fleet. I read a couple of very brief notes - their's too dripped a little oil from the cam-covers. But beyond that, I haven't seen much.

The comparative dearth of in-depth coverage of the V-Rod is one reason that I (like so many others) have turned to the internet to find out more information, and to share the epxeriences of other V-Rod riders.

·
Petrolhead
414 Posts
This was a well written and informative article from 2001

Take a look...................

V-Rod roadtest

·
DX Rider
630 Posts
I see regular V-Rod coverage... long term tests, trips through Europe, customizing, comparos, etc. in the very fine Brit publications... Bike, T.W.O, etc.

There is great interest and admiration for the V-Rod overseas. Less commitment to the big twin legacy and more performance oriented.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts