Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine won't ride with me this weekend because his helmet doesn't fit right and his new helmet hasn't come in yet. He recently lost 60-70 pounds (don't ask, the answer is long, boring, annoying, and repetitive and preachy too). Says his old (and expensive) helmet is too loose and unacceptable.

So, if you loose weight, does your head really shrink? Enough to need a smaller helmet? Same helmet, just smaller?

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i can see a full face helmet getting loose.. 60-70 lbs will take alot off the face..

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
A friend of mine won't ride with me this weekend because his helmet doesn't fit right and his new helmet hasn't come in yet. He recently lost 60-70 pounds (don't ask, the answer is long, boring, annoying, and repetitive and preachy too). Says his old (and expensive) helmet is too loose and unacceptable.

So, if you loose weight, does your head really shrink? Enough to need a smaller helmet? Same helmet, just smaller?
Face can definitely get thinner when you lose that amount of weight. Some brands of helmet really only have a couple of shell sizes and use different internals to change the fit. Depending on the helmet, all he may need to do is to change out some internals such as the cheek pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts