Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking long and hard at what I want for wheels. I don't think I want chrome, it just doesn't suit the DX, but that's just me. I don't think I want all black, it seems to wash out too much with tire, thus the reasoning behind the stock orange pinstripe.

So I got to looking at pics of my old D and the stock 10 spoke wheels. How it had the polished lip, but the black spokes.

I see Hogpro has the PM Series http://www.hogpro.com/showsubcat2.php?catid=1&subcatid=87 These are opposite what I want, if the spokes were black and the lip was polished/chrome I think I would nab these.

I'm starting to consider getting a set of D wheels that are polished on the lip and black spoked, maybe having the rear one widened to fit the 240, and maybe having the spokes powdercoated gloss so they would, well be more glossy.

Any thoughts out there on 2 tone wheels? Might it be possible to order a black wheel from say Hogpro, but specify that they leave the lip polished?

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
i was thinking same thing with 08 D wheels as they are cheap.....widen the rear and still be alot less then most!..

dan

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
spinedoc said:
Might it be possible to order a black wheel from say Hogpro, but specify that they leave the lip polished?
hogpro said:
We are now offering true 3 piece billet wheels. Our new RPM series will be available in about 5 weeks in our "8 Spoke" and "Le Mans" designs. (8 Spoke shown).

The rim has our smooth lip design and is made from forged billet aluminum. It is shown in powder coated black. The center is also forged billet shown in chrome and fastened with chrome 12PT hardware. We can do the colors in reverse. We can also do different color combos on special orders.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80158

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neo541 said:
Wow that was timely. I was really considering the Lemans wheel in black, but did not want it all in black. If they do release it in black but with a polished lip I'm all over it.

I like the RPM one, but in reality its a bit too busy, I'd rather a one piece.

·
Witty Line Here
3,615 Posts
It sounded to me like they are willing to do custom coloring, so might be worth a shot to ask them if they could do the wheel you like in your color combo. I bet he'd do it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts