Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen 08s at any of the dealerships in the DFW area?

I know the NTHD in Carrollton got an Anniversary edition, but it was basically sold before they uncrated it. They haven't received any other ones. I just called and they said they should have one by the 10th. Unfortunately they didn't order any with ABS.

I know I can special order one, which I will probably do at some point, but I would like to ride a new one, with ABS before I do that.

Let me know if you have seen any in the area.

Thanks.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
As nice as the anti-lock is test riding one should make no difference with or without unless of course you needed it during the test ride. :)

I don't advocate trying to lock up the brakes just to test anti-lock.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Max said:
As nice as the anti-lock is test riding one should make no difference with or without unless of course you needed it during the test ride. :)

I don't advocate trying to lock up the brakes just to test anti-lock.
Max, you have a good point. To be honest, I wouldn't have the guts to really try to lock them up if I was test riding. Rich just doesn't want to order me a new 08 until we at least get to touch and feel one. The ABS will just be added piece of mind for me since I have locked my rear brake a few times on my Sporty.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Oh I agree I wouldn't consider buying an 08 without the anti-lock, it is the single safest thing you could add to the bike.

·
____
1,519 Posts
Jinjer, I believe the Texoma dealership is getting 2 in (of course neither of them have ABS). One was supposed to ship on the 15th of August with the second following the first week in September. I think both of them were DX's though.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
rspencer1218 said:
Jinjer, I believe the Texoma dealership is getting 2 in (of course neither of them have ABS). One was supposed to ship on the 15th of August with the second following the first week in September. I think both of them were DX's though.
Thanks for the info... I don't understand why none of them order ABS. It seems to me if that was the new feature on the 08 that everyone would have order at least one. I know when I questioned NTHD about it they claimed that they didn't think ABS would sell, so they didn't order any with it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay... Obviously there haven't been too many 08s that have made it to this area, let alone ones with ABS.

Has anyone ridden an 08 VROD with ABS? I am just curious if they have been shipped anywhere at this point.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Jinjer...I haven't ridden one with ABS..of course if I had- you probably would have known about it already, and ridden it tooo...

I can't imagine someone riding it and saying "I hated ABS"...does anyone think that would happen??? I may just not be thinking it through...

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I suspect the lack of new V-Rods on the US dealer's sales floor is probably because a lot of the initial production went overseas. Europe has a relatively short riding season and I'll bet they wanted to get as many on the ground over there as they could before the snow flies. Remember, in Europe the V-Rod is more popular than the Air Cooled models so they don't tend to sit on the showroom floor as long.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
Oh, I forgot this too- When we went and bought Robs DX, the guy there...was mentioning to us that Harley is planning on re-vamping the sales approach, and will be making less Harleys in the future. They don't feel that the "urgency an intensity" is there anymore, in all Harley families combined, because they make so many.

Anyway, he said to look for fewer Harley's in production, all together, in the future.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
Oh, I forgot this too- When we went and bought Robs DX, the guy there...was mentioning to us that Harley is planning on re-vamping the sales approach, and will be making less Harleys in the future. They don't feel that the "urgency an intensity" is there anymore, in all Harley families combined, because they make so many.

Anyway, he said to look for fewer Harley's in production, all together, in the future.
Sorry Amy but that's simply idle chatter among sales pukes at the dealership. Harley is a publicly traded company that has to maintain it's stock value above all else. Reduced production would cause a revenue decline and a revenue decline causes the stock to drop (a lot considering how inflated HOG stock is these days). Harley will continue to produce as many motorcycles as they can sell to dealers, if that changes you will read about it in the financial times long before dealer sales people know what hit them.

Remember, Harley makes the same profit off a bike when they sell it to a dealer regardless of the retail market conditions. The days of inflated retail prices contributed absolutely NOTHING to the Harley bottom line. The only way for Harley to make more money is to make more bikes, increase the margin on existing sales or reduce their COGS (Cost Of Goods Sold).

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Cuppy... Rob was telling me that Michele - the service lady there in Garland was trying to convince him that the motor on the DX (or yours) is WAY bigger than 1130! LOL! She seemed nice, but misinformed!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
Cuppy... Rob was telling me that Michele - the service lady there in Garland was trying to convince him that the motor on the DX (or yours) is WAY bigger than 1130! LOL! She seemed nice, but misinformed!
I guess it depends on how you measure "Way bigger". 120 cc's would be "way bigger" if you were currently riding a 100 cc Chinese mini bike that you bought from Pep Boys :rofl:

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
no, Rob's is an '07

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FYI

There is a 08 DX at North Texas Harley Davidson in Carrollton. We just saw it at lunch. Infact, Rich rode it. It doesn't have ABS, but it does have the new slipper clutch, which feels really good.

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:

That wasn't the salesperson I was referring to, in my above quote.. BUT that woman is DUMB. Sorry, but she is. Back when we only had 1 VROD, she tried to say that Rob had like a 1200 engine in his 2006 VRSCA or something. He was like..."UMMM, NOOOO" It's 1130, and she tried to argue, LOL.

That's funny that she tried to tell him that his 2007 DX had a bigger motor than the 06 A....good grief!

You know something else, her title underneath her name on her business cards used to read "Service Manager" and when we were there earlier this week to drop off the A for service, I noticed that underneath her name on ALL of her business cards, the "Service Manager" was marked through, with a sharpie...hmmmmm :stilpoke: :stilpoke:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts