Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Metal Guitarist
5,201 Posts
J.B. (OK) said:
Whats with all the :sad: about coolant. Use what you want cause if you don’t have a authorized service tech install it and have a record of the work done your screwed! I put the braided hoses and chrome thermostat hsg.on and went to O’Rileys and bought their premixed ‘’Green’’ extended life antifreeze and refilled with that. I also went to Wal-mart and bought my sparkplugs, Champion powersport 8809’s. Have I been a bad boy or what? :bash: I hope I don’t go to hell because of this. :rolleyes:
you have a one way ticket ! :kaz:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone drain there radiator. I had the hose leak and didn't have antifreeze so I put water in the bottle now it's getting hot out so I want to drain the system and refill I put water in it 2 times maybe enough to fill the bottle 1 time do you guy's think it will run hot. Anyone else had this problem.
Suggestions Thanks :sinister:
Funniest thing is no one can answer the dam question what type anti freeze comes in VRSC? Scooters it cost more than HD that’s for sure

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Funniest thing is no one can answer the dam question what type anti freeze comes in VRSC? Scooters it cost more than HD that’s for sure
I think you will find this has been answered many times. The HD coolant is Peak Global. What is more strange is why you are resurrecting a 15 year old thread instead of searching for the many answers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
T
I think you will find this has been answered many times. The HD coolant is Peak Global. What is more strange is why you are resurrecting a 15 year old thread instead of searching for the many answers.
Ty thought I knew but these posting make us old timers double think it. Lma°o°

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone drain there radiator. I had the hose leak and didn't have antifreeze so I put water in the bottle now it's getting hot out so I want to drain the system and refill I put water in it 2 times maybe enough to fill the bottle 1 time do you guy's think it will run hot. Anyone else had this problem.
Suggestions Thanks :sinister:
For everyone I found this old email from company when I got my VRod

We do not recommend adding any additives to PEAK Global Lifetime antifreeze/coolant. This will void the Life Time Warranty. Global has the corrosion inhibitors that are needed and is already providing very efficient heat transfer properties.

PEAK Global operates at a PH of 8, Super Coolant has a PH of 10.8 which may interfere with the corrosion inhibitor chemistry of PEAK Global. The other chemicals that are in Super Coolant typically protect copper, aluminum and wet sleeve liners in Heavy Duty Diesel engines from cavitation

41 - 47 of 47 Posts