Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Earthbound for good.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watching ebay for a set of engine guards but if anyone sniffs one out plz give a holla. There's a local guy who built a twin-motor drag bike from scratch, I'm going to hit him up to see if he's willing to fab me something. Here's hoping.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Did you try to put something in the " Wanted to Buy " section here on the site ? The H-D guards look pretty darn good, are minimalist, fit properly, super strong and well chrome plated - no engineering required, just unbox & install. Highway pegs fit perfect and horizontal upper bar is a great perch for LED driving lights - one of the best mods I've done for my R. Try WTB ad here might take a while but someone may make your life a little easier Good Luck !

·
Earthbound for good.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that was gonna be my next step.

·
Earthbound for good.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can anyone tell me the size of the 70mm center bolt that holds the clamp to the frame behind the radiator? Doesn't seem to be metric other than the length. I may have a set of guards found but I need the center bolt. Might be a 5/16" or 3/8", but could still be metric threads. Any help appreciated. If all else fails I think the radiator studs are what I need; I can always tale all that apart to get the thread size.

·
Agave Idiots :)
337 Posts
Nice find! They are getting hard to find for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Congrats !! You will be a happy R Rider ! Mount LED driving lights and hwy pegs on it you will be happier still ! ( Ask me how I know :) " All good things come to those that wait " ( And work at it, with V Rods, for a while )

·
Earthbound for good.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GrooVRod asked what they look like so I posted a file pic. Mine went in the mail today so should get them early by the end of the week. And no highway pegs for me, thanks. Not comfortable stretched out like that. It's why I wanted an R, mid-controls.

I'll post a pic once they're installed.

·
Earthbound for good.
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
All done. Thanks to member deltaflash for the bars. Found the rear of the center mount and the 70mm bolt on ebay. Took a little to get it installed, had to take the radiator mount loose to get that bolt in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
All done. Thanks to member deltaflash for the bars. Found the rear of the center mount and the 70mm bolt on ebay. Took a little to get it installed, had to take the radiator mount loose to get that bolt in.
Great job. They look awesome on there!

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Looks great flyday58 ! Looks just like my bike - same color, same guards ! Know what you are saying about mid pegs that's why I bought my R also but my legs get cramped up on the highway and my highway pegs lets 'em stretch out for a little while here and there. When I first got my guards I put anti-skid tape on the areas where my feet could rest and that worked as well. Don't know if they are already scuffed on the bend where they hit the ground if the bike is dropped but that chrome area can be protected by a few wraps of gorilla tape as well. Congrats ! Save the R's ! Ride 'em don't hide 'em !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts