Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw a few drop of anti-freeze stuck in the corner on left side of water pump below why ? does it comes from the little hole just above

thanks

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just came back form buying the F, i saw the leak right away don't think it was nothing really serious.

I tought the overflow could sometime come form the little hole on the left side or water pump ??? i read about that one time on the forum?

Mike

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
As much as I despise the F,I will admit it does ride smooth.The refinements on the new models are as great as the difference between my 03 and my 07.

That hole has been renamed over the years to be called a weep hole.It's actually just a vent to keep the air pressure even so the seal doesn't get damaged.
It is not supposed to weep at all.Being this is a new machine,keep this area cleaned off and monitor it closely.If it continues to weep after a few hundred miles,bring it in and have the pump changed.But first,go over all the clamps,check the recovery bottle,the coolant filler cap,the air bleeder screw to make good and sure it's not something leaking down in there instead of a pump seal.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks

this hole dripping means the pump is not working ?????
yea maybe the bottom clamp hose, if i remember i saw some dried drop on the pump cover!
i don't think i will bring the bike in no way! i rather do it myself, than let those mecanic airhead work on my bike.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
ok thanks

this hole dripping means the pump is not working ?????
yea maybe the bottom clamp hose, if i remember i saw some dried drop on the pump cover!
i don't think i will bring the bike in no way! i rather do it myself, than let those mecanic airhead work on my bike.

You're going to work on your own bike and you're asking if the pump is working because of a weep?

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're going to work on your own bike and you're asking if the pump is working because of a weep?
ok don't give me crap i just learn the weep hole leaking means the pump is broken on my dx it never happen; but anyway i think it's only the clamp below the hose witch i will tighten when i get the bike, i doubt the pump would be broken the bike is new.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I give people crap because this stuff has been around for 80 or 90 years.
It's simple.There is nothing so great or innovative about this motorcycle engine,other than the fact that it is a new idea for the Harley-Davidson company.Even when the Revo hit the market in the V-Rod back in 02,it was 30 year old technology,with 20 year old electronic technology.
If the dealer you bought the motorcycle from does not employee competent help,call Harley and ask them which one does.They will pick the bike up,fix it and bring it back to you.
Just keep in mind,you paid the dealer,not the factory,you bought the bike from to go over your motorcycle before you purchased it.This is called a PDI,Pre Delivery Inspection.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
298 Posts
weep hole

even your car engine has a weep hole on the water pump. this is how you can tell if your pump is bad. pump has a mechanical seal to keep the glycol in the engine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts