Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I just installed the Memphis Shades "Demon" windshield on the V-Rod. Looks good and fit was also good. Have not been able to try, rain with snow coming tomorrow. ~ $150 with hardward.

:ride:
Wayne
 

·
Geezer
Joined
·
13,343 Posts
pictures - we need pictures!
 

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
Joined
·
524 Posts
Here's what I found online. Interesting product line, they have clear, or they have transitions from clear on top to a color on the bottom. Many color choices too!

They also have 'lowers' shields for leg protection. Here is a photo from their website WITH the lowers. Their website sucks, the resellers have more photos, just search on google.

KARAF
 

Attachments

·
Craig Fehr
Joined
·
2,506 Posts
My thoughts of the w/s in that pic.... :yak:
Just does not suit the V-Rod IMO. I guess we all have our different opinions though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
Look at the Memphis Del Rio line. I think that is the best windshield for the Rod. The gradient black. Shield and quick release mounting hardware $135.00
 

·
Rocky Mountain VRodr
Joined
·
524 Posts
Derek said:
Look at the Memphis Del Rio line. I think that is the best windshield for the Rod. The gradient black. Shield and quick release mounting hardware $135.00
If nothing else, a friggin amazing price compared to the $270 I just paid for a Windvest, WITH a group discount! I'm curious as to how well they work.

KARAF
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pictures

I had a chance to take a ride before the rain started. There was no buffeting up to 70 mph and it took all the pressure of off my chest (had H-D SS). Looking forward to longer rides for a better evaluation, but so far a :thumb: .

:ride:
Wayne
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
ctvrod said:
I had a chance to take a ride before the rain started. There was no buffeting up to 70 mph and it took all the pressure of off my chest (had H-D SS). Looking forward to longer rides for a better evaluation, but so far a :thumb: .

:ride:
Wayne
Hello Wayne,

If it's not too much trouble, how tall is the top of the windshield above the top tripple clamp. Thanks!

Carl Lengyel
Wolftrax Inc.
http://www.wolftrax.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Demon Windshield

Hi
From the top of the windsheild to the tree is 21". From the top to the floor is 55". The windsheild is now at a 25° angle. It is adjustable to just about any angle also I have about two more inches of height that I can go up. Again the weather has not been to good here but I did manage to take a small ride on saturday. I had no buffeting at all and only a very small breeze on the outside of my arms this was about 75mph on the highway with traffic. Also there was no wind coming into the bottom of my helmet, I wear a full face. With my SS that was a real problem when the temp below 50°f very cold. I hope this helps, I think the biggest advantage is the size of the shield near the top and that the whole windshield is closer to the rider. I almost forgot the little wings on the side keep almost all of the wind off of my hands, in fact the faster I go the less wind I feel.

:ride:
Wayne
 

·
Geezer
Joined
·
13,343 Posts
Adjustable is great! these look like a grat alternative. I can't find them on the Memphis Shades site though. Where did you get them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Windshields

Hi

They are under "products and then universal mount". Below is a copy of an email that I sent to Memphis Shades, it looks like they are on top of their product line! Well with that response I still thought that I would give them a try, it works much better than the SS that came with the bike. I had tried putting spacers on the SS mounts last year but the results were not very good. If you take a look at my pictures you will see that the head light cut out is actual around the gage cluster and wraps around above the triple tree putting the shield closer to the rider.

:ride:
Wayne



(reply for MS)
Hi the only thing we have that will fit a vrod is the slim and the sportshields.

Thanks

mary



-----Original Message-----
From: L & W [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 8:35 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Demon on a V-Rod?



Good Morning Mary:

Has anyone tried to mount the Demon windshield on a Harley-Davidson V-Rod. The V-Rod community is having a great deal of difficulty finding a windshield that actual functions.

Thanks Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
ctvrod said:
Hi
From the top of the windsheild to the tree is 21". From the top to the floor is 55". The windsheild is now at a 25° angle. It is adjustable to just about any angle also I have about two more inches of height that I can go up. Again the weather has not been to good here but I did manage to take a small ride on saturday. I had no buffeting at all and only a very small breeze on the outside of my arms this was about 75mph on the highway with traffic. Also there was no wind coming into the bottom of my helmet, I wear a full face. With my SS that was a real problem when the temp below 50°f very cold. I hope this helps, I think the biggest advantage is the size of the shield near the top and that the whole windshield is closer to the rider. I almost forgot the little wings on the side keep almost all of the wind off of my hands, in fact the faster I go the less wind I feel.

:ride:
Wayne

Hello Wayne,

The height sounds good. Have you noticed if the top of the windshield vibrates excessively or is the windshield nice and stable?

Carl Lengyel
Wolftrax Inc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wolftrax said:
Hello Wayne,

The height sounds good. Have you noticed if the top of the windshield vibrates excessively or is the windshield nice and stable?

Carl Lengyel
Wolftrax Inc.

Hi Carl,
It is suprizingly stable, I had the same concern before I purchased. It looks like the mounting bracket design has the wind balanced between top and bottom. I thought that I would have to make a bottom mounting bracket, but it is not required.

:ride:
Wayne
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top