Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
V-modded exhaust
Screamin Eagle K&N filter

The bike had ripsaws on it when I got it and now I have put the v-modded exhaust on. The bike pops a lot on decel so I'm thinking it's probably running a bit rich.. I also plan to go semi-topless before I head out to ride again.
Will opening up the top lean the bike out some? I would still like suggestions on which map you guys with these mods are using. I have no idea how to use the power commander and he didn't give me any software. I'm guessing I can dig up instructions and software downloads online??
Thanks guys.:moped:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just got my pipes vmod series 2 with a PC and k&n filter ,can't wait to get my bike out of the shop .waiting on rear fender and a couple of other parts 2 months in shop after getting rear ended.only rode one week 267 miles it sucks.VMOD says theres six different setting on the PC.You may need to call tech support.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Tom,

I'm running topless, SE1's modded and I run Rj's map for mine. Works very good but there is some decel. popping still. It's not that bothersome and I know the popping on decel is nothing to worry about compared to ignition pops for excel. Those are bad. Running it too lean is a bad thing I believe as well. The map experts will chime in on this as well.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Post your maps and we can try and fix the decel popping. Also make sure you set the zero throttle position while the PC is hooked to the bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spaz said:
Post your maps and we can try and fix the decel popping. Also make sure you set the zero throttle position while the PC is hooked to the bike.
Yeah thats the stuff I'll have to figure out how to do...lol all I know right now is that the bike has a powercommander, I couldn't begin to tell you what it's set at.. I'll have to do some digging on their website to learn more about and see what I can figure out..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts