Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you (Ken and Karl for sure) are looking for some easily removed saddlebags. Therefore, I thought I'd share this Leather Pros ad I came across in the March issue of American Iron Magazine advertising the "best" detachable saddle bags for the V-Rod.

Check out their site - they look like a decent alternative.

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
Those are some really nice bags. I didnt see a price do you have any idea on what the cost would be.

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't, the ad in the magazine simply says competitive pricing.
Their phone number is 800-208-2887. I'm sure it's on their web site however just thought I'd post it here as well.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
nice look, but still... the prices on the site say $649 to $719, depending on the bag. All hardware included. A little cheaper than the H-D stuff, and have a quick detach option, but still.... I am just a poor fireman ;)

I will still with my Saddlemans for now, but if that lotto ticket ever comes through...

·
1,738 Posts
Interesting. If I had not just bought the HD vinyl hardbags from Hales for $775.96 delivered to my door, I would have considered these. The detachable feature is nice. However, once the bags are on you find that you like having the things they can carry, and the storage for your jacket, etc...so they stay on. Unless you are into posing, they will probably stay on the bike, and IMHO are the only ones that really look right with the bike.

However, these are very nice if you want the look of more traditional leather bags. I like the LP2087 best. The longer straps would be nice for attaching things on top of the bags. Plus they seem to work better with the somewhat busy lid. The more I look at these the more I like them. Would love to see them in person. They are trying to encourage sales through the HD dealers by directing you to have them order them, rather than sell direct. If they are successfully in this ploy, you may see Dealers starting to stock them. However, they seem unwilling to stock the HD hardbags because of price (special order only), so the strategy is questionable on this high priced item. Probably should just sell direct.

I am heartened to see people start to make such accessories specifically for the V-Rod...finally. Can LeatherLike and Ghost Brackets be far behind?

Fred

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Good points Fred. I have yet to take my bags off, in over a year of having them. Disc locks, rain gear (dont ask why I have that), tie downs for the unexpected.
And it is a great thing all these aftermarket items being made. It has taken a while...

·
Registered
284 Posts
fehrc said:
I know some of you (Ken and Karl for sure) are looking for some easily removed saddlebags. Therefore, I thought I'd share this Leather Pros ad I came across in the March issue of American Iron Magazine advertising the "best" detachable saddle bags for the V-Rod.

Thanks Craig, I'll go over to their site now.

Good on you.
:)

·
Registered
284 Posts
fehrc said:

Wow, great bags.
I just emailed them re postage to Australia of a set of the plain bags.

Thanks for the info fella, I have seen their ad in AIM, but thought they just made Soft tail type bags.

Best wishes.

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Keep me posted Ken. I wish these had been around when I got the bike. Not as good looking as the chrome topped hard bags, but obviously bigger, and REMOVEABLE. I only really use the bags for work purposes. When I just nick off for a 3 or 4 hour ride I would like to be bagless. Ideally I want to buy hardware to retrofit my hard bags in a removeable fashion. If I had the time and could bear the r and d "oops, stuffed that set" cost I would go to a prototype engineering firm I know and have them do something. I can't understand why HD have such a massive and permanent set-up for such tiny bags!

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
I agree these are nice bags. They look to be the same size as the new molded HD bags. Can anyone confirm this?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts