Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've got the new software version for SERT and was playing around and doing a little data logging just to familiarize myself with the data mode. I have an '06 VRSCSE with vmod pipes, amsoil air filter and last time I let the dealer dyno tune the scooter they made it WAY to rich. I'm not sure if any of these maps on here would work but I thought about trying the CALCULATED-1250-16GA-B0 map and was wondering if it would throw it into the lean area??? I'm really green when it comes to tuning it myself but I'm also tired of pissing my money away to an inexperienced dealer service staff too!!! Any help would be appreciated....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I almost forgot...... Is there a way to retrieve the current map that is loaded?????

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
I thought you likethe flame launching from the bottom pipe :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:rofl: It was fun at first but now I'm tired of putting gas in every 95-100 miles!!!!!!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
The only way you can roughly determine if you are lean is to look for timing retard. That would indicate detonation which could be either a lean condition or too much timing. The only effective way to determine if you are lean would be to purchase and install an AFR device like the Twinscan2.

No, you cannot retrieve a data file from the ECM, it's a write only system.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I'm going to load that map you posted and give it a whirl. If something happens I can always blame it on you!!!!!:D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Mark, I just tried to upload the map and it stops at 25% and tells me it's unable to install the bootloader. I just upgaded the SERT software to 462. Would that be the cause of my problem??? Thanks

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
It's probably the version or type of map you are trying to load. There are 2 versions of every SE map, one for the pre-'04 ECM and one for the '05 and newer ECM. Look at the size of the file, if it's ~80K then it's for the older bikes. If it's ~40K then it's for the '05 and newer ECM.

If you are trying a map from someone here then you may need to convert it using cut and paste into a base map for your year ECM.

If you have the correct version file for your ECM then you may have a communications problem. Check the USB to RS-232 adapter you are using and make sure it uses the FTDI chipset.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mjw930 said:
It's probably the version or type of map you are trying to load. There are 2 versions of every SE map, one for the pre-'04 ECM and one for the '05 and newer ECM. Look at the size of the file, if it's ~80K then it's for the older bikes. If it's ~40K then it's for the '05 and newer ECM.

If you are trying a map from someone here then you may need to convert it using cut and paste into a base map for your year ECM.

If you have the correct version file for your ECM then you may have a communications problem. Check the USB to RS-232 adapter you are using and make sure it uses the FTDI chipset.

Thanks Mark, I think it's going to be the cable. I've called around and asked for a cable that uses the FTDI chipset but they seem to be clueless on that one!!! Go figure......:chair:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK the cable was the problem. After I got the correct cable the map uploaded to the ecm with no problem. Many thanks go out to Mark(mjw930) for the help. I used the "CALCULATED-1250-16GA-B0.MT6 map that Mark had posted earlier located here http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799&page=2
I still have a little decel popping and a slight stutter when really opening up the throttle but it's very manageable. The midrange power has noticeably increased and I don't smell fuel when I'm idling. Again THANK YOU MARK for all you do for us greenies that are wet behind the ears when it comes to tuning. If you are ever in Austin, TX. beers are definitely on me!!!!:notworth: :notworth: :cheers:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
croctail said:
are there no maps for a 1250 with vmod pipes? just got a sert myself
No, but the above map that I used will get you pretty close.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
There is a 1250 map for the SE Slip Fits that would be a closer match to V-Modded stock pipes. The 16GA pipe file has a huge rich spike in the midrange that the bike won't need if you keep the 3rd volume in tact.

I don't have a computer with the RT loaded on it available to me right now so I can't give you the calibration number but the file comes with the RT. There is one for the '05 VRSCSE with SE Slip Fits. There may also be one for the '06 VRSCSE that's slightly modified to accommodate the different heads they used on the '06 1250.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts