Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two small 3/8 hoses under the bike next to the gas tank one of them is longer than the other the shorter one is leaking,
seem like oil wtf ?
why ? what can i do to fix that , the bike as only 3000km

+ the mysterious coolant leak i can't find, but that's another story.

·
Registered
659 Posts
my 2011 f may have a coolant leak too 526 mile now..

went to change the water pump hoses with the S/S HD kit and there was no coolant at the water pump.
it took more then a 1/2 gal. to fill it, hoping they left it low from the dealer...

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
? There are no oil lines under the fuel tank? Overflow and vent from fuel tank.
Ok i meant next to the fuel tank there is two small hoses, one of them is leaking seem like oil!

why? could it be airbox vent ? i don't know
it's an 09 F
i had the bike running in the garage for about 10 min to find my coolant leak but i found the oil leak under

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Nobody else ?
It might help if you post a picture. Your explanations don't help.

As "Bruce Helland" mentioned there are no oil lines under the fuel tank. There are also no oil lines next to the fuel tank. The two fluid lines that connect to the fuel tank are both for fuel (supply and return). The air box vent components are designed to condense oil vapor and allow it to flow back into the cam covers. There are no open tubes that should drip oil.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm still patiently waiting for you to make things right for the F model license plate holder that I bought from you last October, and still haven't received.

It's not so much the $ 115.00 USD that you have of mine but you ignoring anything I've sent by way of PMs.

Perhaps you could man up and remimburse me like you said you would, if you couldn't get an answer from the Post Office.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm still patiently waiting for you to make things right for the F model license plate holder that I bought from you last October, and still haven't received.

It's not so much the $ 115.00 USD that you have of mine but you ignoring anything I've sent by way of PMs.

Perhaps you could man up and remimburse me like you said you would, if you couldn't get an answer from the Post Office.
Talk about a member not paying it forward.......I sent mallard the mufflers off of a new F for just the cost of shipping..........MAKE THINGS RIGHT WITH PAT OR GTFO!! :mad:

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It might help if you post a picture. Your explanations don't help.

As "Bruce Helland" mentioned there are no oil lines under the fuel tank. There are also no oil lines next to the fuel tank. The two fluid lines that connect to the fuel tank are both for fuel (supply and return). The air box vent components are designed to condense oil vapor and allow it to flow back into the cam covers. There are no open tubes that should drip oil.
there you go
pat pm sent you to dun

Attachments

·
Sleep is over-rated
2,423 Posts
you sure that aint gas?

like when you overfill the gas and it drains down there?

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you sure that aint gas?

like when you overfill the gas and it drains down there?
gas tank level was below 1/4 almost empty
it's oil 100%, no gas smell no anti-freeze
comes out of the shorter hose

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trace the hose back to its source, could be coming from the air box
ok update it's the anti freeze overflow line leaking !

But why it's leaking ?
to much pressure ?
maybe the thermostat in not working properly not opening?

could it be the reason the bike is leaking at some other spot ? but i can't find where except for the weep hole

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Find the bleed screw and get the air out of the system.
i did it no air at all inside, fluid was on top

started the bike yesterday the fan kick in at 205F
i did scan the thermostat housing with a laser temperature gun
so i presume the thermostat is opening! ?

can't find the reason why it's leaking by this overflow hose:banghead:

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
i did it no air at all inside, fluid was on top

started the bike yesterday the fan kick in at 205F
i did scan the thermostat housing with a laser temperature gun
so i presume the thermostat is opening! ?

can't find the reason why it's leaking by this overflow hose:banghead:
It's called Karma.

You're Sir are a sneaky crook and you are now getting what you rightfully deserve.

Get off your ass and go to the Post Office and put a claim in for the money that you owe me. The package was insured for the $100.00 that you charged me for the license plate holder. This happens automatically when you send something by Canada Post. The first $ 100.00 is included in the postage.

They won't deal with me because you are the shipper.

To all fellow Forum members consider yourself warned, DO NOT deal with this guy. You'll be sorry along with some of the others besides me who have dealt with him and have sent me PMs about the way he does business.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
Mballard34, if what is being said here is true and I gotta think that Pat is a stand up member here, you're not doing yourself any favors by not addressing this issue... You want help from members with your "leak" yet, it sounds like you are just self serving and everybody else can just go pound sand... Cowboy up and make things right or don't come here asking for help... You either stand behind your product or you don't, pretty simple...

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mballard34, if what is being said here is true and I gotta think that Pat is a stand up member here, you're not doing yourself any favors by not addressing this issue... You want help from members with your "leak" yet, it sounds like you are just self serving and everybody else can just go pound sand... Cowboy up and make things right or don't come here asking for help... You either stand behind your product or you don't, pretty simple...
ok so your telling me because the post canada lost the package (WAS NOT INSURED) and pat says he did not get it? i should give him back all the $$ and lose my part also.
i did everything to find this dammed package (went to the post office many times, filed 3 complain) , it looks like HE as a black cloud over his head, i deal with many people here in Qc and never had any problem. the funny thing is that i told my wife earlier tonight i feel sorry and i would give him back half cause i am not responsible if they lost the package, but coming here and seeing his message shitting on me oh well ...

M
as far as i am concern it's my last message

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
ok so your telling me because the post canada lost the package (WAS NOT INSURED) and pat says he did not get it? i should give him back all the $$ and lose my part also.
i did everything to find this dammed package (went to the post office many times, filed 3 complain) , it looks like HE as a black cloud over his head, i deal with many people here in Qc and never had any problem. the funny thing is that i told my wife earlier tonight i feel sorry and i would give him back half cause i am not responsible if they lost the package, but coming here and seeing his message shitting on me oh well ...

M
as far as i am concern it's my last message
I'm just saying that wouldn't it be smart business wise to just refund him his monies or send him another license plate holder? I realize it's not your fault that the postal service lost the part but, it's not the customers fault either... Do what you think is right, I know what I would do...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts