Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great site! Have looked all around for a place with real people and no BS answers. Spent the last two days checking out the site. What a pleasure it is to see people actually say "I don't know" when that's the case, as opposed to some very technical sounding fairy tale when they don't know the answer. . I'm a "car" guy and work for Porsche in Atlanta. Been in the business since '65 when I started as a Chevrolet line Mechanic. Did some professional Fuel Dragster Racing in the late '60s (front motor stuff, just under 200 MPH), ran an NHRA dragstrip in Puerto Rico for a few years in the early '70s. Been riding on and off ever since. Traded my '94 Dyna for the V-Rod in March of '02. Actually got TWO.....three days after the I got the first one home the dealer called and informed me about some unspecificed engine problem which would SIMPLY require that a new motor be installed. Told them they had the wrong guy and wanted a new machine...After speaking to the Local HD Factory Service rep they agreed and three weeks later I took delivery of my second one (talk about customer satisfaction). Anyway, glad I found the site.
Bill

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bill. There is a GM service advisor in Dallas with your exact name that I have known for years and thought it odd when you signed up.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Another Car Racing Cross Over! :welcome: Your Car Racing Knowledge and Experience will come in Handy as we Pioneer the V-rod Performance Scene! :kaz: Are you interested in taking you V-rod down the track at all? ;)

·
Todd
482 Posts
:welcome: There are a few guys from Atl on this site. I am in Augusta and if your out this way look me up. I come to Atlanta once a month (Stone Mountain) to visit my parents. Will let ya'll know when I come around with my bike and we could all meet for lunch. :cheers:

·
Registered
257 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Welcome from another newbie. After browsing this site for less than 24hrs.I'm getting the imporession that car guys relate well to V-rods.
/Steevo

·
Registered
696 Posts
Welcome to the best V-Rod site on the net.
:welcome:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Super Kaz said:
Another Car Racing Cross Over! :welcome: Your Car Racing Knowledge and Experience will come in Handy as we Pioneer the V-rod Performance Scene! :kaz: Are you interested in taking you V-rod down the track at all? ;)
Time, weather, sun, moon, stars and travel schedule permitting I'd love to make a few passes.

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Welcome Wildbill. Glad you found this place. Word of advice: Pace yourself. There's sooooo much information here, it can be overwhelming......Not to mention addicting.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts