Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Jeff
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been "lurking" for about 2 months on here learning about the V-Rod, and on 22 July I bought my first ever motorcycle a brilliant silver '09 Muscle with security and ABS options for a good deal as the '11s were coming in quick.
Before taking delivery, I had a SE pro tuner, SE performance air cleaner and Vance and Hines competition series slip-on exhaust added.
I'm having a lot of fun and can't wait to get a thousand miles on her to get her back on the dyno for the final tune...and get some decent fuel economy :D

A little about me, I'm active duty Navy and have been for almost 18 years now, and I'm a proud father of twin 12 year old girls.

Jeff

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
Welcome Jeff, and nice to see you in the Neighbor hood and enjoying the bike. Going down to Octoberfest this fall to visit other Vrodders for a day when they pick the time and day and place.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
welcome!!

·
Jeff
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words everybody. I really appreciate it. Today I picked up my permanent plate for her...so does that mean I'm still a newbie :D

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congrats on the bike - post if you find good rides, on the rare occasion when I can it's usually to the south and west. And another thank you for your service!

·
Jeff
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've just been tooling up and down 9A and JTB and a little up 95 on the south side of town (by the Adamec dealer), but I live where Merrill Road and Fort Caroline split (behind the Advance Auto Parts) and it's a direct shot to NS Mayport (USS ROOSEVELT) where I work.

Looking forward to meeting some NE Florida V-Rod'ers :hyper:

Jeff

·
(Peter)
488 Posts
Congratulatios, welcome and good luck with your new bike. If you ever make it South look me up. Not many V-rodders down here. Always looking fo someone to ride with.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Bike. Have fun here,Ride safe
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...

·
Jeff
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forum & congrats on the new Bike. Have fun here,Ride safe
Always Ride like everyone is trying to KILL you. Why? because they are...
Rick,

Thanks and you're right. I've had some idiots already try to kiss my rear tire with their front bumper at a stop light...already. Unbelievable.
Got a good location to mount a 3' length of re-bar?

pday,

My girls live down in Fort Lauderdale/Miramar area. Maybe we could meet up on a Sunday afternoon before I head north again sometime. At least for a little ride you know?

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts