Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone-

As you can see from the title I am another new member in this forum. However, I have been reading posts for a few weeks and finally decided to sign up. I did have a ton of questions/concerns about the VROD which everyone in here has put to rest (whipes sweat off forehead).

As of today, I'm waiting patiently (taps fingers) for my new VROD to be delivered... an '04 Lava Red Sunglo VRSCA. I don't even have the bike yet and I'm already looking at some mods for it... is that wrong??? LOL

Anyway, thanks for all the helpful posts. You've really helped me make the decision.

Morghun

·
Full Speed Realtor
271 Posts
Welcome, and hope that Rod arrives soon. I spent $1.5K modding my bike the day I got it (last Saturday, my 30th Bday). It's a sickness my friend, and we're just getting started. Absolutely money well spent though.

·
Todd
482 Posts
:welcome: Hope to see ya at some of the bike rallys.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Oh My little Grass Hoppers what an Expensive Path you have Taken! :twisted: ;) :welcome: To the Greatest Bunch of V-rod Lovers in the World! :kaz:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Morghun, Nothing wrong with it, but help you cope, you can enroll in a 12-step program.....
Step 1, get a V-Rod,
Step 2, buy stuff for it.
Steps 3-12, pretty much the same as 2!
The cure is elusive however.

·
Registered
503 Posts
welcome MORGHUM.. hey.. where are you from?.. southeast michigan here...

Is this your first Harley?

Did you buy the v rod BECAUSE it's a Harley? or IN SPITE of it being a Harley?

Oh man.... this bike has a habit of consuming you (and your wallet!!!) . there;s just no end to it?

you're about to enter a strange new world.. where words like, "v mod exhaust, Ozzy skins, PC3, metz 200, topless airbox, chrome this and that" ring in your ears... enjoy...

take care

·
Wretched Excess.....
2,067 Posts
Hey Morghun, Welcome! Here's my :2cents: on accessorizing. Pace yourself my friend. Look your new masterpace over and decide what you think needs improving. I think everyone would agree that the MoCo gives you a damn nice canvas to start with! Take the improvment process slow and take time to ponder the significance of each enhancement. I think one of the coolest things I added was the chrome covers for the swingarm axle and they were only $20 (cheap thrills??). Take your time and you will have lots to look forward to as you learn more and form your opinions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

"Is this your first Harley?"

gt... this will be my first Harley, but I'm not a newbie to the cycle community. For the past ... ummm... few years I've been riding :kaz: . Although I do love the speed and handling of them I decided (with the help of the g/f... :whack: ) to graduate to a bike that she will be able to enjoy as well. For some reason she doesn't like riding on the back of the GSXR!? Go figure! LOL

"Did you buy the v rod BECAUSE it's a Harley? or IN SPITE of it being a Harley?"

I've always had a fondness for the Harley's, but there was never anything that really caught my eye until the VROD was born. Now it's all down hill.

I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, which isn't good at all. It's going to kill me when they do finally deliver it, cause I leave for AT (Annual Training) in two weeks. I'll have three more weeks to find things! LOL Dam the Army!

Morghun

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome, read along and all your dreams will come true, in the words of Robert Plant "if there's bustle in your hedge row don't be alarmed now, it's just a spring clean for the may queen"

Your hedge row will shake alot :welcome:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Morghun said:
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

"Is this your first Harley?"

gt... this will be my first Harley, but I'm not a newbie to the cycle community. For the past ... ummm... few years I've been riding :kaz: . Although I do love the speed and handling of them I decided (with the help of the g/f... :whack: ) to graduate to a bike that she will be able to enjoy as well. For some reason she doesn't like riding on the back of the GSXR!? Go figure! LOL

"Did you buy the v rod BECAUSE it's a Harley? or IN SPITE of it being a Harley?"

I've always had a fondness for the Harley's, but there was never anything that really caught my eye until the VROD was born. Now it's all down hill.

I'm still waiting for it to be delivered, which isn't good at all. It's going to kill me when they do finally deliver it, cause I leave for AT (Annual Training) in two weeks. I'll have three more weeks to find things! LOL Dam the Army!

Morghun
I bought it so I could blow all my harley buddies away. Since I bought the bike, two of them have upgraded (sporster to wide glide)(sportster to Fat Boy), I still laugh.

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Morghun,
Welcome! Saw you made reference to an M-1 in another post! Good to know we have another protector of freedom here! Your unit going to field the Stryker in a few years? Get ready for a WHOLE NEW experience... not necessarily better...:(
Glad you are here!
Mike

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome!! Don't worry about money on mods, just have your check sent to the dealer of your choice! :deal: Seriously though, I had 1,500 worth of mods done to mine before I took delivery. Go to the pics section, I've got a gold flame '04 model! You won't be disappointed! 5 weeks and I've already got 1,100 miles on it. And that was in March! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VRODScout said:
Morghun,
Welcome! Saw you made reference to an M-1 in another post! Good to know we have another protector of freedom here! Your unit going to field the Stryker in a few years? Get ready for a WHOLE NEW experience... not necessarily better...:(
Glad you are here!
Mike
Mike-

Our Division, the 28th Inf here in PA is standing up a Stryker BDE. Not sure how long it'll be till they're up and ready. As for me, I just left an AR BN (M1A1's) for a position in a MI BN (pen and paper)... hehehe!

Morghun

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
welcome, Morghun -- good to see another member from Central PA. Now if we can JUST get it to stop snowing here!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts