Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
RIP Nigel & KAK
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the track last night after getting the pipes and tune for my night rod. Previous best was [email protected] completely stock. Now topless, k&n, v&h 2-1 comp and a good tune.

Hopefully with colder air I'll drop another tenth or so.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Where'd ya go? Atco or E-Town?

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Nice job!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
LOL I wish around 215-220
220? that is an even better run, according to a computer program i have for every 20lbs you take off you will go .1 quicker.. those programs aren`t 100% accurate but for a 220lb rider that is an impressive run.. when i was racing idba in the mid 80`s i weighed about 235lbs.. i raced in b/m which had a weight break of 8.7lbs per cu in engine displacement.. the weight was bike and rider.. there was a couple who raced in the class with the 100lb woman riding the bike..they were always complaining that i was cheating because i had a bigger motor than they did in the same class.. no matter how many times i explained that they could run the same size motor if they put 125lbs of lead on the bike they never understood, they thought that the reason i was so much faster is because i had a bigger motor... they always complained that is was cheating and i would tell them to hang around after the race and watch tech tear me down to verify i was legal to set the class record.. i was always legal but they never could understand.. weight makes such a difference that prostock bikes normally try to run no more than 2 or 3 lbs over the weight break as even 1lb slows them enough to lose a race..

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I'm gonna try and get 10s before I do any motor work so maybe a lil diet will help.
as hard as it is to do it can make a major difference.. i got up to about 275lbs and got serious about loosing some weight and got down to 220lbs.. my bike went from running 9.60`s to 8.90`s with no other changes.. if you watch nhra prostock much you will see prostock racers every now and then loose a race or qualifiying run because they were under weight..those guys weigh there vehicles before the run and know how much weight in fuel they will burn and usually only give themselves a couple of pounds to be safe..some times if the wind is blowing a head wind down the track the prostock cars will actually have to turn around to point into the wind on the scales so that the down force the cars create will make them read legal weight..

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
I'm gonna try and get 10s before I do any motor work so maybe a lil diet will help.
in 2002 and 2003 we got our stock engine bike in the 11.0`s at 119.9 with a 150lb rider..wanted bad to run in the 10`s over 120 the next season but never did as we built our 1450 before i had a chance to get the stock motor going that fast.. there is a guy in houston that runs 10.8`s over 123 with a stock motor 2003..lots of work on the chassis but the motor is untouched.(at least it wasn`t the last time i saw the bike run)

·
RIP Nigel & KAK
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn nice, I've been debating on going to a smaller tire even thou I like not having to do a burn out. Might end up helping me some thou.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts