Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Best MPG

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - today I toped off, rode 95 miles and toped off and used 2.335 gallons. That is a net MPG of 40.68 MPG! Yes, I broke the 40MPG mark:) . Didn't ride real hard (cruising around 45-65 MPH) but did uncork it a couple of times.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I get terrible gas milage.... it's so bad I try not to tink about it....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Under 3,000 miles but the mileage seems to get better with each tank full.

On a recent 3 day, 1100 miles trip, I got just over 38 mpg. I'm hoping to get at least 40 before long.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Last time I checked, I was getting 42 point something MPG. Mostly highway cruising and some in-town riding.

·
onequickvrod
202 Posts
me and a buddy rode on the 4th 104.5 miles when we filled up because there was no gas stations for many miles i only put 1.87 gallons in the bike we rode very easy somewhere between 45 and 60 mph and i never opened it up just a nice ride if you figure it up its 55.88 mpg not like i get this all the time mostly 40 to 44 but its nice to say i did hit 50 mpg a few times

·
Registered
636 Posts
Coming back from the hog rally last year I got 45.7, but I was riding with those regular Harley riders. :) Wind at are backs and 60mph. Stock 03 bike.

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
I get crappy gas mileage. My Ford Hybrid does better on gas than my V- so much for the commute excuse.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Work commute is almost all highway and when I get stuck in traffic I use 1.5 gal to go 66 miles. 44 per gal.

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
On group rides (where the airhead geezers I ride with keep it around 50) I average right around 40+. When I ride by myself it drops almost as fast the the speedometer rises! :angeldev:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a stock 2003 VRSCA and routinely get what I consider to be good mileage. While I may crank it up sometimes on the Interstate and sometimes ride, say, in third when fourth would perfectly suffice, especially in twisties, I don't blast away from stoplights and usually keep the throttle pretty steady when riding. I'm routinely at the high end mileage wise. Put 2.1 gallons in last night and the trip was at 94 miles. No complaints whatsoever, except for the fact that there are few places when you can safely get the rpms above that magical 5,000 figure. Or maybe that it's just that I'm not in my 20s anymore.

·
Billy
509 Posts
You guys gettin over 40 mpg should trade for a rockin' chair or better yet let me borrow it and get the carbon out of it for you.:stilpoke:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice shot. lol. My other problem is that I write a motorcycle column for a local newspaper and am a volunteer Fire Cop in my hometown. Getting a speeding ticket (or worse) and getting my own name in the paper (other than a byline) would just be too damn embarrassing. Of course, if you want to borrow my bike and clean it out, feel free.

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I get 32-34 mpg hiway riding, but one tank, in the mountains of colorado, going as fast as traffic and turns would allow, all above 9000 ft altitude, I got 49 mpg. And its repeatable - did it again on the return leg. I'll find out Aug 2 when I head up to Avon Co. with the V-Gauge.

904 Posts
On two separate occassions I've been able to get a shade under 44 mpg, but on an average ride (with passenger) I get 35-38. I find that my best mpg is not achieved by lugging it around at low rpm, but by staying in the 3000-5000 range. On a typical ride I'll go 175 miles, and it takes about 4.6 gallons.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I usually get 35-38 mpg. Thats a 1250 with Rinehart 2-2 and a race tuner. I don't think I've ever broken 40.

·
Registered
577 Posts
worst gas mpg than any harley this ole boy has ever had

1 - 20 of 53 Posts