Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tribal Blades
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my '07 AW, I'm looking to do mid-pegs only for an alternative to front pegs on long rides. The right side looks easy as the OEM right side foot rest bracket for the R model should bolt right up with a longer bolt and a spacer.

The left side is another story. See picture of the bolt hole locations on my '07's lower left frame. These holes are not in the same configuration as the R model, so using that bracket is out. I have no idea what if anything is intended for these holes. They have plastic plugs inserted into them. Does anyone know of a mid-peg bracket that can use these holes on the AW? The bracket only, as I don't intend to buy a Kosman kit only for this bracket.

If I have to, I will fab one up but thought I'd check with the Forum before going that route.

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Biker Bill said:
What about using the mounts from a D? The back two anchors look like they will work. Looks like the front will be left open though???

Best pic I could find quick.
http://www.h-dmoscow.ru/downloads/wallpapers/VRSCD1280x1024.jpg

Never mind... they won't fit. The frame is a larger triangle on a D..

To the best of my knowledge the AW and D frames are the same. The only bike using a different frame was the R. So the peg mounts for a D model should be able to be made to work.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
I've never worked on an AW before but I have D's. The frames look different... no? The triangle part that is...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Biker Bill said:
I've never worked on an AW before but I have D's. The frames look different... no? The triangle part that is...

I think it's just an illusion caused by the different angles in the pics. I know when I went on the factory tour they said the only differences were frame color. When working on my buddy's '06 SE2 this past weekend I noticed the mounting holes for the D passenger pegs filled in with plastic caps. Just keeps the price of manufacturing down having one chassis for the whole platform.

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
bproulxvrod said:
I think it's just an illusion caused by the different angles in the pics. I know when I went on the factory tour they said the only differences were frame color. When working on my buddy's '06 SE2 this past weekend I noticed the mounting holes for the D passenger pegs filled in with plastic caps. Just keeps the price of manufacturing down having one chassis for the whole platform.
Those pics I posted are decieving. They sure do look different. I know about keeping manufacturing costs down.;) I'm with you on that!

tapman22 see if you can get the mounts for a D and have at it. If they don't fit you can take em' back. After all they arn't electrical.

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
they are the same, check out my gallery for pics. I didn't hook up the brake on the mid so if you want to do that you can get by w/ out the different engine mount.

·
Tribal Blades
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gonna try the D left mount

Thanks everybody for helping out. I will try the D left side mount. Sounds like it is going to bolt right up.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
definitely post up your findings for the knowledge base!

·
Tribal Blades
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
josephthreedogs said:
I put '06 D mount on the left side, it bolts right up without the spacers. By the way I put them an an '07X.
My '06 D Mid-Peg Brackets arrived today. Thank you, josephthreedogs. They bolted right on. I used chrome bolts I picked up at Ace Hardware.

Left side is "stock D". I had to use a M8x1.25 tap to chase the frame paint out of the bolt holes, before attaching this peg bracket.

Right side is modified as I ground off the little tab on the Peg Bracket, used a 3/4" ID Spacer Collar and a replacement rubber coated metal strap for my brake line. This spacer moved the peg mount out 5/8" and I used the collar's set screw hole to attach the metal strap with a 5/16" bolt.

Attachments

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Looks good! Glad it all worked out for you.:D

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
any shots farther out on the bike for a comparision?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts