1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice man. Imma try it out. Gonna get it in a month or so.

thx
Get it before July so you can give a ride report on it. :D I'm (probably) heading to Sturgis in early August and could be convinced to swap out the stocker if there's a notable difference.

R.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Get it before July so you can give a ride report on it. :D I'm (probably) heading to Sturgis in early August and could be convinced to swap out the stocker if there's a notable difference.

R.
Lol when I get it I’ll probably get the tallest one.
Clear or tinted?

I tremendously hate the oem shield. It gave me such a huge headache. The buffeting on my noggin was worse than no shield

·
Departed the Fix.
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Clear or tinted?
Personally, I like the *look* of the tinted, but looking through them drives me nuts-- I don't find them particularly practical, especially on a taller shield.

Just my own personal preference, though.

I just went through this with my GS. Loved the look of a tinted shield, but went clear for functionality.

Ymmv.

R.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I bought a clear view for my old warrior and wasn’t impressed. The shield rubbed on the side of the headlight bucket and sent the wind right into my face. Ended up sending it back. Maybe mine was a fluke.

I tolerated the HD windshield on the muscle, but after adding 2” standoff’s to move the shield more upright it works quite well.

·
F2NV
1,786 Posts
Great find FBJ.

I love the lip on the top. Now of we can only find a supplier for the OEM brackets other than harley.

·
Registered
240 Posts
When I was still riding my Road Glide I tried one. Not impressed at all. The flip at the top is more looks than function. Many of my fellow riders had the same opinion. And of course it is JMO.

For my VRSCF I bought the standard HD one (sucks) and I'm waiting for the 20" one from rifle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts