Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I made my own slip-on mufflers and I like the sound and the look. I am looking for a bit louder and a more distince V twin sound. I am thinking about removing the cats and the crossover pipe. What issues will I be looking at if I do this?

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
So I made my own slip-on mufflers and I like the sound and the look. I am looking for a bit louder and a more distince V twin sound. I am thinking about removing the cats and the crossover pipe. What issues will I be looking at if I do this?
Crossover yes, Cats, I dont believe are bikes have em. Maybe Calif models?

Dyno guy at the HD dealer said the bike would tune better with separate exhaust though.

Was thinking about eliminating the crossover myself but want a donor head pipe to mess with.

Whatever you end up doing keep us all posted. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
According to Harley all 2011 modals have cats prior to that only export and 110" screaming eagle air heads had cats......

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
According to Harley all 2011 modals have cats prior to that only export and 110" screaming eagle air heads had cats......
those were my thoughts, but the OP did not state what year his bike is. CA HD bikes do not have a traditional CAT, they do have a charcoal canister installed usually under the seat area

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now I'm kinda pissed, when my bike came in it had the export tips on it. They orderd me the standard tips, which did not come in yet and i do have cats, WTF...

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Finally a good reason why I bought my '09 F for way too much money. Ha Ha!

Thanks for the heads up, good info.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
hmm, does the effect power, sound?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I would assume that it probably effect rear wheel HP some but I doubt stock there is much sound difference... our bikes are quieter then the old ladies singer sewing machine stock anyway......

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Now I'm kinda pissed, when my bike came in it had the export tips on it. They orderd me the standard tips, which did not come in yet and i do have cats, WTF...
what dealer

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hot Metal Harley in Pittsburgh PA

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There are going to take care of it under warranty. Does anyone know what else may be different regarding the domestic vs the export bikes?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A couple of pics of the finished exhaust. I had it coated with a high temp satin black ceramic

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If ti was truly an export bike it will have the 30 tooth front pulley on it as well as depending on where it was built to be exported to it may have a different state of tune and smaller velocity stacks on it as well.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, I am taking the bike in on Friday and I will verify all this information. Is there any documentation that I can get my hands on prior to my visit? I am really starting to get fired up over this...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you look in the parts book for the bike it will show the different part numbers for all the pieces.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts