Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need some help deciding.I have narrowed it down. BUB7 or Vance and Hines Indy. Just as a side note. I wrapped my Rhinehart Staggered with Exhaust wrap becuase the chrome on the heat shields had discolored.Didnt travel much more than 1000km and the front pipe cracked bad at the head.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Well, I just put the V&H pipe on my friends Muscle. Looks good, makes great power and is pretty loud. The downside is when he lowers the bike (Arnotts) and turns right he will scrape. His wife also complains that her right foot is on fire whenever we go for long rides.

Not sure about the other pipe, never had any experience with it. If it is the one I am thinking of then it will lack on power. Someone will chime in about it shortly. Good luck!

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
I'm really happy with my Bub and had a horrible experience with V&H (I'm so glad that so many of us got screwed being free beta testers for V&H ... they will never see another penny from me as long as I live)

I find the Bub7 is cooler and the angle of the front pipe doesn't bother my leg (the V&H was terrible for that) ... I also have never scraped my Bub7 on a turn (and trust me, I have tried) whereas the V&H would scrpae on almost every right hand turn ...

Looks are subjective, but if you're looking for somethat that is completely worry free, you can't go wrong with the Bub7 2-1

·
Wick
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help/advice I have bought the BUB7.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You will be happy with the Bub. I also had the Rinehart staggered pipes but liked the look of the Bub7. I went back and forth over the Bub and V&H comp (or indy what ever is these days) and settled on the Bub. Great sound...you can cruise without killing your ears or the neighbors but it screams when you really get on it. As far as loudness its a bit more subdued than the Rineharts (not by much) and more of a Vrod sound and less of the airhead sound that the Rineharts gave.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I love my indy pipe, had it for about 6 months and no complaints at all....Almost every guy I know with a vrod around here has the indy pipe and I havent heard any grips. Everybodies running the newer model of it though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts