Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had something very unusual happen yesterday to me. I had the rear brake lock up on me at maybe 20-25 mph while coming to a stop. I don't think I came down on it that hard. Later on throught the day I noticed that the pull off the front lever and the push of the pedal was about twice as much as it normally takes to engage the brakes. Is this something that can be caused from hot weather? It was in the 90's here. I have not had a chance to check fluid levels yet but like I said everything seemed ok until yesterday afternoon.
Any ideas? I also noticed one little dot of fluid on the switch cable that runs parrell to the brake line across from the banjo bolt.

·
Registered
229 Posts
myneed4speed said:
I had something very unusual happen yesterday to me. I had the rear brake lock up on me at maybe 20-25 mph while coming to a stop. I don't think I came down on it that hard. Later on throught the day I noticed that the pull off the front lever and the push of the pedal was about twice as much as it normally takes to engage the brakes. Is this something that can be caused from hot weather? It was in the 90's here. I have not had a chance to check fluid levels yet but like I said everything seemed ok until yesterday afternoon.
Any ideas? I also noticed one little dot of fluid on the switch cable that runs parrell to the brake line across from the banjo bolt.
Get those brakes checked ASAP. You might have a leak somewhere or maybe you just need to change your fluid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts