Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tacmedic83
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from working another fatality. Didn't know the guy but he didn't live far from here. I was really worried as a friend of mine had just left and I thought it may have been him. Turns out it wasn't but unfortunately there was someone else. Guy was traveling from estimates over 100mph on a new 07 HD and slammed into the side of a semi trailer making a turn. head first and no helmet. It was a very senseless accident. Sad. I'm sure he had loved ones at home but cannot say as i know them so I am just asking for a blind prayer for them. Please be carreful out there!

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
:( :( :( :( :(
R.i.p.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Damn, another fruitless loss. RIP

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
R.I.P.
If you are like me, every time I do one of these for a little bit I think is it worth it. More on the ones where the rider did nothing wrong and a cager kill them. But that goes away in a little bit and the passion for ride is back.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
RIP, but we all must be responsible for our own actions

·
Registered
878 Posts
Rip

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
A few of the guys at my station ride and we seldom talk about the "what if's" after coming back from a MVA involving a bike. It is too hard to talk about it I guess when seeing first hand what can happen, knowing full well it could be us out there. Ride safe.

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
Riding faster than your angels can fly is not a good idea. RIP

·
Ricky Love MooreHead
1,440 Posts
BABY HUEY said:
Riding faster than your angels can fly is not a good idea. RIP
Granted, but has not everyone of us been there, done that. Stupidity does hurt, but we all risk it every now and then. Even all by yourself, on a deserted road, anything can happen at any time.. RIP lost rider.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Tragic loss.... Rest in peace....

HoldHard

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
Always sad to hear this. RIP

but if it wasn't worth the risk to us we'd never swing the leg over that seat in the first place.

·
George
5,411 Posts
firemedic said:
R.I.P.
If you are like me, every time I do one of these for a little bit I think is it worth it. More on the ones where the rider did nothing wrong and a cager kill them. But that goes away in a little bit and the passion for ride is back.
When I work one of these, I never wonder if its worth it... but it does reinforce the defensive driving habits!

RIP

1 - 20 of 21 Posts