Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if the handlebars on the new " AW " have less pullback than the original 03 " A " stockers ? . I would like to get a set of bars for us guys with long arms . The stock A bars are the right height but I would really like less pull back . Drag bars or the V-Mods are too low for my style. Any takers on this one ????
Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well ....I went to my local Stealer ( actually very helpful ...no really !) and looked up part numbers for the 2003 bars and low and behold the 2007 part number is the same ! . Same bar same bend . So , I am going to get a stock set , cut them and sleeve them , and heli arc them together where I want them . Then off to the chrome shop. At least I get what I want ... So anyway , thank you for reviewing the post .....

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
sorry i missed the post... yes as you found out they are the same. I went with the hd drag bars, much more comfy imho...

so what exactly are you gonna do with another set of stock bars again?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Bright Brown said:
Are the drag bars any wider than the stock vrsca bars?
no

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
Yes

Bright Brown said:
Are the drag bars any wider than the stock vrsca bars?

I just changed my stock A bars to HD drag bars a few weeks ago. I measured my stockers and they were about an inch and a quarter narrower than the drags. Ive saw on here that the drags are one inch wider and one inch lower. I guess it all depends on how you measure them on the end of the bar since it is on a small angle. Thats not much, but you can feel the difference going down the road. I can really tell a big difference in the riding position. More comfy for me.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
they didnt appear to be any wider to me, just the angle is different. the bar is the same length if you were to straighten it out.. i guess by moving it forward it does put your hands out farther though... my bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts