Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done v-modding my exhaust and installing a PCIII. I absolutely love :) it ,on the other hand my wife and neighbors hate it:hitfan: . is there any aftermarket exhaust that will give me decent tone and not shatter anyone's ear drums?

·
anodized antnee
813 Posts
screaming eagles..... in my opinion, they are a little louder than stock pipes, but not loud enough to get attention.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to pick a set of SE's uo but I haven't seen any for under $500used

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
G4ses said:
Just packed up a set to ship to a forum member in Germany for about half that. Start a thread in the wanted section of the classifieds, you never know what someone may have laying around.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't I haven't been a member long enough to post there but I will as soon as I can

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
veerodder said:
screaming eagles..... in my opinion, they are a little louder than stock pipes, but not loud enough to get attention.
Screamin' Eagles, and cute out the center tab. Sounds gutsy but not real loud. I like mine - and the neighbors compliment me on the nice sound.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to head up to the dealer they have a used 02 with a set of SE1's on it I also have a un-molested set of stockers in great shape so I am going to see if I can work out some sort of deal..BTW does anyone know how the Reinhart 2 to 1 would compare in volume to the V-Mods. I absolutely love the look of that exhaust but I guess I have to deal with my volume restrictions.

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
G4ses said:
That's cause they do not make them anymore.

Supply and demand will keep the prices high. Just buy some when you get the chance, slip them on and try them. If you do not like them, list them for what you paid and surely they will move. Not much risk there. Go for it!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just got done v-modding my exhaust and installing a PCIII. I absolutely love it ,on the other hand my wife and neighbors hate it
My wife had the same issue, said it shakes the house! No neighbors, so no problems with me there. I can say after some time she got used to it, at first it does seem very loud because it is such a drastic change.

Someone made the statement after I did it that "now you have a Harley and not a Hardley, could never tell if it was running!"

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to the dealer and they wouldn't do the trade because the one they have has the download for the SE's so I guess everyone is going to have to kiss my arse :moon: I am not taking it back to stock after I spent the time and money to do it. :soapbox: They will all just have to get used to it :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts