Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Meh_meh_meh
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased some of the "old" rizoma bars and I need to get them anodized. Only problem is that there doesn't seem to be anyone around me (columbia, SC) that offers that.

Does anyone know of a reputable place I can mail my bars to? Thanks!

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Final Touch Powder Coating in Spring lake NC. About 10 min. from me at FT. Bragg and it's where I get all my PC work done. great guy with family helping. Awesome work with fast turn around time.

Check out the pics on the right of the page, tons of pics and again they do awesome work. I had a number of parts PC'd for my DX, and it was 3x different blacks to create that flow from the part with the attaching part it was being mounted to.

Site
http://www.finaltouchpowdercoating.com/

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Anodizing is harder to find than powder coating. One problem though: I believe the bars (the regular tube part that bolts in) is steel and not aluminum. You can't anodize steel. I don't know what rizoma did with their all black bars. If you powder coat it you may want to be careful because the tolerance on the bars is really tight. Would suck to get it all PC and then rip some off forcing the bars in.

-Keith

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
... I believe the bars (the regular tube part that bolts in) is steel and not aluminum. You can't anodize steel. ...

-Keith
Check with the same people that do chrome plating. They may also have a sulfuric acid anodizing tank. As mentioned above, if the bars are steel, they can not be anodized.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
the whole set up on the old style bars are aluminum.. just fyi, i have a set of new in the package bars (not riser or guage housing) black anodized.. i would gladly trade them for your bare set.. i bought mine just in case and thought of stripping them but never have..

as far as a place goes there is one on okc that i might be able to find more info on if you want..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts