Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rick Hunter at A.M. Metal does type 2 anodize to V-rod wheels. $75.00 per wheel. 5 day turn around. They will not remove any stains or scratches, but if you have nice wheels and are tired of polishing or you don't want them getting any worse than they are, this will put a tuff matt finish on them that should be similar to our skins.

Send to
Atten: Rick Hunter
A.M. Metal
7594 Chancellor Dr.
Orlando Fl.

·
Registered
439 Posts
OKIE said:
Rick Hunter at A.M. Metal does type 2 anodize to V-rod wheels. $75.00 per wheel. 5 day turn around. They will not remove any stains or scratches, but if you have nice wheels and are tired of polishing or you don't want them getting any worse than they are, this will put a tuff matt finish on them that should be similar to our skins.

Send to
Atten: Rick Hunter
A.M. Metal
7594 Chancellor Dr.
Orlando Fl.
OKIE,

Thanks for the information. In your professional opinion, should I have it type 2 hardcoated or clear coat paint? I could possibly send the wheels to Ozzy to be polished then sent to AM Metal to be type 2 hardcoated. What is your opinion on this investment in time and money.

Thanks again!!

·
COOLER RIDER
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is not what they call hardcoated, it is type 2 anodize which is what is on our skins. He said hardcoat turns out dark gray. I don't know how ozzy breaks it down but if your paying to get them polished then it would probably be best to have him clear them? The polished/clear is going to give you a much more shine than anodizing.

·
Registered
439 Posts
OKIE said:
I'm gonna send him an extra wheel I have sitting around and see what I get back. I'll let you know.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts