Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first Harley it is annodized 2002 VROD, the dealership told me not to wash it with regular car wash soap it could cause the bike to turn brown, they suggested something called wizard or bike bright, does anyone have any suggestions from experience.

Thasnks:banghead:

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Harley has their own bike wash kinda wierd they didn't suggest it. I use Mothers products. Check them out for all the special cleaning and polishing needs. Harley gloss is something you have to get. That is your final detailer after cleaning and can be used for a quick detail when needed. Utilize your owners manual for more cleaning ideas. By the way :vrodforu:

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I'll confess... the only solvent I've used to clean my tins from Day 1 is Windex. Since 90% of my cleaning is tins and windshield, that works for me.

On the wheels I use a flitz buffing ball and mothers polish.

Welcome to the 1130cc.com.... You've got a great ride... destined to be a classic. :)

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I wash mine with whatever is handy.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
OHCOP72 said:
it is annodized 2002 VROD, the dealership told me not to wash it with regular car wash soap it could cause the bike to turn brown
Unless you are planning on washing your bike with drums of acid rain - I really wouldn't worry about it "turning brown" or other ridiculous nonsense.

The anodized finish on the original V-Rods is extremely durable - albeit impossible to repair if does get scratched.

Use Harley Sunwash or other decent quality car wash detergent. Use a bike blower or a shop vac (reversed) to get the water off it - but that is more about saving time than anything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info, I was a previous sportbike rider, everything was easy to clean mostly plastic. Now that I own a Harley it takes a little more time and a lot more money...... I've learned that HD actually stands for Hundred Dollars, because no matter what you buy you at least spend that much. Thanks again for the info and look forward to posting more in the future.
P.S. If anyone has any extras, I am in the market for Saddlebags, and sissybar.

·
Registered
234 Posts
OHCOP72 said:
... If anyone has any extras, I am in the market for Saddlebags, and sissybar.
First of all, :vrodforu:

Next, consider posting in the "Classified - Wanted" forum titled "WTB Saddlebags and Sissybar" and include any relevant details e.g. hard or leather saddlebags, type sissybar, etc. Those items are fairly common and you should get a response; not as many people will see your posted need in this thread.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
The anodized tins are so easy to clean, I've used just water and wipe it off and it looks good as new :thumb:

cleaning the solid wheels you'll definatly want to get a mothers mini-ball it works great

·
anodized antnee
813 Posts
coinpurse said:
I use windex then mothers detailing spray... 20,300 miles later and it looks like new...
:stupid: the detailers mist is great!! i use it on the tins and windex on the chrome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts