Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know definitly what the aluminium finish is? Is it really anodised or just brushed and clear coated?

Regards
Mutley
03 shiny toy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Max, it is good reading. I was specificly interested to know what the standard finish is on the airbox cover, fenders and radiator covers.

Mutley

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
Zombies are among us

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Join LUX's Anodized Nation!

·
Live Free Or Die
330 Posts
electrolytic passivation is a better description than general term "anodization". HD to my knowledge does not call out a specification.

It is the prefered surface treatment to aluminum parts prior to paint or powdercoating, and I find it comical that Lux and his imaginary nation ride around on bikes straight from the factory prepped to be painted.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Some people just cannot comprehend perfection even when it's placed directly in front of them

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
Lux still trying to preach that everyone should be unique by doing everything the same way he does, which is keeping his bike stock...

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Anodized skins without blemish are becoming a rare sight. Embrace the moment. It's the clean , fresh appearance of aluminum that makes the VR-lines come alive. Yet, the anodized VR1130cc was not birthed from a vagina, but shaped and molded in clay by the sculptors hands. Even the frame & rake is different from todays VR1250cc, because they were hydro-formed aluminum.

·
Good Muthafarka
11,223 Posts
Anodized skins without blemish are becoming a rare sight. Embrace the moment. It's the clean , fresh appearance of aluminum that makes the VR-lines come alive. Yet, the anodized VR1130cc was not birthed from a vagina, but shaped and molded in clay by the sculptors hands. Even the frame & rake is different from todays VR1250cc, because they were hydro-formed aluminum.
Did you say vagina ?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts