Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Yes I had a search and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what colours were available on the 100th anniversary models and the names of the colours?

i.e.
Red - Flame Red
Green - Grassy Medow

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
sam19 said:
anodized aluminum and two-tone silver and black
AKA "Skunk" (which I do not understand a Skunk has a White Stripe down its back)
This is also the dreaded begining of what is now called the Painted Vrods.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Help me out on this one folks. I have a front fender on back order from Zanottis. pn# 59016-01 Fender, Front (anodized aluminum).
How can I tell by looking at my current fender if I have the right part number? Mine is all silver.

The parts manual has three numbers for front fenders. The other two numbers are listed as 100th anniversary ...... - restricted sale part.

I do have a 100th anniv emblem on the air box.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I bought mine when the only color you could get was anondized aluminum. Since the "good old days" they let just any color on this otherwise beautiful designed motorcycle. :rofl:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
RustyG said:
Help me out on this one folks. I have a front fender on back order from Zanottis. pn# 59016-01 Fender, Front (anodized aluminum).
How can I tell by looking at my current fender if I have the right part number? Mine is all silver.

The parts manual has three numbers for front fenders. The other two numbers are listed as 100th anniversary ...... - restricted sale part.

I do have a 100th anniv emblem on the air box.

There is NOTHING special about the front fender. As long as it's anondized, don't sweat it. The restricted part is the aribox cover emblem.

I would also think the 100th anniversary logo on the left side of the motor is also a restricted part.

·
Michael J
740 Posts
Would HD make any silver/black part a restricted item? there are two fender styles, stock length and the shorty that I think are avaiable painted. The tank emblems are different, painted silver/black has a gold bar & shield over chrome wings, annodized all chrome.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
rjrivero said:
There is NOTHING special about the front fender. As long as it's anondized, don't sweat it. The restricted part is the aribox cover emblem.

I would also think the 100th anniversary logo on the left side of the motor is also a restricted part.
according to the parts manual there are three front fenders available

59016-01 FENDER, front (anodized aluminum)
59789-03BDP FENDER, front (sterling silver) - 100th anniversary restricted sale part
59789-03BEO FENDER, front (prime) 100th anniversary restricted sale part

I ordered the first.

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
rjrivero said:
I bought mine when the only color you could get was anondized aluminum. Since the "good old days" they let just any color on this otherwise beautiful designed motorcycle. :rofl:
:them:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
RustyG said:
according to the parts manual there are three front fenders available

59016-01 FENDER, front (anodized aluminum)
59789-03BDP FENDER, front (sterling silver) - 100th anniversary restricted sale part
59789-03BEO FENDER, front (prime) 100th anniversary restricted sale part

I ordered the first.

Better check the price before you order it. I changed mine for the shortie and still have the original (part # 59016-01). When I was told MRSP was $282 I considered selling mine on ebay but I heard they were not availabe any more (or are they just on back order?) so I have kept it after all "just in case"!
this is just for the anodized fender of course - the chrome fender bracket is an extra $138!

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
PASCAL said:
Better check the price before you order it. I changed mine for the shortie and still have the original (part # 59016-01). When I was told MRSP was $282 I considered selling mine on ebay but I heard they were not availabe any more (or are they just on back order?) so I have kept it after all "just in case"!
this is just for the anodized fender of course - the chrome fender bracket is an extra $138!
Mine has been on back order for 2+ months now. Kiind of expected that. I do not expect them to crank up the paint line for just one fender. They are probably waiting until they get enough orders to make it worth while.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
RustyG said:
Mine has been on back order for 2+ months now. Kiind of expected that. I do not expect them to crank up the paint line for just one fender. They are probably waiting until they get enough orders to make it worth while.

You are probably correct - isn't that ridiculous though, 2+ months for a fender
:soapbox:
what happened to yours by the way? Is it scratched or damaged?

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
PASCAL said:
You are probably correct - isn't that ridiculous though, 2+ months for a fender
:soapbox:
what happened to yours by the way? Is it scratched or damaged?
It's for my wofes '03. Something came up off the road and chew a couple of chunks out of the back lip. I plan on putting the new one on my wifes '03 and expermenting with the old and maybe install it on my '07 vrscx. The short fender on the X allows a lot of rain etc to splatter on the bike and Me.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
RustyG said:
It's for my wofes '03. Something came up off the road and chew a couple of chunks out of the back lip. I plan on putting the new one on my wifes '03 and expermenting with the old and maybe install it on my '07 vrscx. The short fender on the X allows a lot of rain etc to splatter on the bike and Me.
rain? what's that?:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts