Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way to go Drew. Huge win, got that monkey off your back. LE is one helluva a racer though.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
:plause:I do agree, way to go!:thumb:

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Congrats Andrew!:notworth:

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Congrats Andrew, way to go !!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
andrew deserved that win,,but i admit i am pulling for the underdog..tonglets dad has been racing forever and so has his boys,, if they were to win the championship i would feel very good about it..

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Way to represent Andrew! :thumb:

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
andrew deserved that win,,but i admit i am pulling for the underdog..tonglets dad has been racing forever and so has his boys,, if they were to win the championship i would feel very good about it..
:them:

How did LE do?

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Runner up...

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Underdog? Maybe by experience only... As for the class, the Vance and Hines team is penalized every year for having fast bikes. 10 lb. deduction for the Buells for their bad performance this year? Gimme a break. Arana was mopping up late last year and this year until he lost all his data. What about the 100cc they gave to Suzuki's? All because the V&H guys figured it out. And the have been adding weight to their bikes per NHRA! Put yourself in their shoes. You do everything by the book and start kicking everyone's tail then the sanctioning body comes in and says you guys are advancing the sport too fast. Thats the true underdog! But I have a ton of respect for LE. He will be better than his dad and bro when this is all said and done.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts

I like the Hines family and V&H in general, but I was at the Grove last weekend and all you needed to see was the Tonglets' meager (and I mean MEAGER) trailer and work area. To think they are that competitive with as little as they have to work with is amazing to say the least. It would be great to see LE win the championship with little more than some help from Cap't Chaos to be able to finish the season.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Congrats drew, another job well done....

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I like the Hines family and V&H in general, but I was at the Grove last weekend and all you needed to see was the Tonglets' meager (and I mean MEAGER) trailer and work area. To think they are that competitive with as little as they have to work with is amazing to say the least. It would be great to see LE win the championship with little more than some help from Cap't Chaos to be able to finish the season.
They have a great bike and a top notch crew to make up for their lack of facility. All the work goes down under a canopy anyway. They get help from the other teams all the time. I see LE in others pits all the time. Nirtofish will step up for next season... Dude will be around for a very long time!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awesome race too! Crew, bike and rider were all SHIT HOT that day! Great job guys!:notworth:

·
RIP Jerry
956 Posts
Underdog? Maybe by experience only... As for the class, the Vance and Hines team is penalized every year for having fast bikes. 10 lb. deduction for the Buells for their bad performance this year? Gimme a break. Arana was mopping up late last year and this year until he lost all his data. What about the 100cc they gave to Suzuki's? All because the V&H guys figured it out. And the have been adding weight to their bikes per NHRA! Put yourself in their shoes. You do everything by the book and start kicking everyone's tail then the sanctioning body comes in and says you guys are advancing the sport too fast. Thats the true underdog! But I have a ton of respect for LE. He will be better than his dad and bro when this is all said and done.
I'm with you man... i have kinda lost some interest in the whole NHRA race series. #1 Nitro doesn't even race the 1/4 mile anymore big bummer to me. #2 the bikes aren't an even match with all the adding weight to certain teams or manufacturers and/or C.I. I use to be pretty adamant about watching and keeping up on the standings... :(

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
I'm with you man... i have kinda lost some interest in the whole NHRA race series. #1 Nitro doesn't even race the 1/4 mile anymore big bummer to me. #2 the bikes aren't an even match with all the adding weight to certain teams or manufacturers and/or C.I. I use to be pretty adamant about watching and keeping up on the standings... :(
It's the different engine configurations that keep the NHRA tinkering with the rules to try to keep the racing competitive. Drag racing, like Nascar, is as much, if not more about the fans. Watching 1 team or make run away with everything every weekend just doesn't draw fans like having a different winner on the podium every week.
Ed

·
RIP Jerry
956 Posts
It's the different engine configurations that keep the NHRA tinkering with the rules to try to keep the racing competitive. Drag racing, like Nascar, is as much, if not more about the fans. Watching 1 team or make run away with everything every weekend just doesn't draw fans like having a different winner on the podium every week.
Ed
I hear ya but that means NHRA kinda dictates who's turn it is to start winning this week which is why i lost interest. I really know nothing about drawing fans either so what you said makes sense. The shortened 1/4 mi. for Nitro really bummed me out tho. Drivers are still dieing but like everything in life governing bodies have to tighten the noose on people because of the naysayers..

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
I hear ya but that means NHRA kinda dictates who's turn it is to start winning this week which is why i lost interest. I really know nothing about drawing fans either so what you said makes sense. The shortened 1/4 mi. for Nitro really bummed me out tho. Drivers are still dieing but like everything in life governing bodies have to tighten the noose on people because of the naysayers..
Yeah but you know what - when they went to 1000 feet for the nitro cars they also eliminated all of the requirements to pull timing late in the runs, which was slowing the cars down and making them blow up more often anyway. I can tell you firsthand from being at the grove last weekend that the racing is as good as ever at 1000 feet. On top of that, the top fuel guys are running 320 mph at 1000 feet and the funny cars are also well over 300 - so they are as fast as they were at the 1/4 a few years ago anyway. While I agree that a 1/4 mile would be ideal, many of the tracks are just too short for the speeds they'd be running now if they were running a full 1/4.

·
RIP Jerry
956 Posts
Damn! Last time i was at a race was Vegas winter nat. right after Kalitta was killed and we were lucky to see top fuel get a 300 pass kinda lost interest after that race. Next Spring i will have to check it out..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts