.......and look who's right behind him, between him and Eddie!
LE Tonglet who used to tear up the V-Rod Destroyer world, within the AHDRA. Love it!
This guy is just a kid with extremely limited funds who had to scramble to be able to afford a motor just to race. :notworth:
I can't believe someone hasn't picked them up yet. If LE, GT and the father, Gary ever get a good sponsor look out.
SUMMIT FastNews - Final order after 5 rounds of qualifying in Pro Stock Motorcycle at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, 56th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals presented by Lucas Oil:
Psn Rider Vehicle ET Speed
1. Andrew Hines Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hines 6.815$ 196.76&
2. LE Tonglet Suzuki 6.847 195.05
3. Eddie Krawiec Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hines 6.867 195.25
4. Hector Arana Lucas Oil Buell 6.874 192.91
5. Michael Phillips Racers Edge Suzuki 6.919 196.39
6. Matt Smith Al-Anabi Racing Buell 6.938 192.03
7. Chip Ellis Suzuki 6.939 193.57
8. Steve Johnson Lincoln Tech Suzuki 6.946 192.44
9. Karen Stoffer Geico Suzuki 6.957 192.17
10. Craig Treble Pistonator Suzuki 6.962 191.57
11. Shawn Gann Rum Bum Racing Buell 6.976 190.43
12. Jim Underdahl Suzuki Extended Protection Suz 6.996 191.29
13. Redell Harris Master P/No Limit Record Buell 6.999 191.67
14. Douglas Horne Horne Racing Buell 7.016 187.76
15. Joe DeSantis Team Joey D Suzuki 7.041 187.91
16. Wesley Wells Kendall Suzuki 7.054 191.24
--------- Not Qualified ---------
17. David Hope VRoom Racing Buell 7.054 186.95
18. Junior Pippin Pirana Z Buell 7.059 188.44
19. Angie Smith Coffman Tank Trucks Buell 7.096 188.04
20. Mike Berry MB Machining/ LAT Racing Oil B 7.159 185.92
21. Katie Sullivan Sullivan Family Racing Suzuki 7.218 183.39
The kid's got it going on! Tonglet trailered Krawiec in the semis and then beat Hines in the final. Very impressive! Somebody needs to sponsor these guys.
Congrats to both on making it to the final round.
Results for Final Round
CLERMONT, Ind. - SUMMIT FastNews - Results of final, round 4 eliminations in Pro Stock Motorcycle at the NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, 56th annual Mac Tools U.S. Nationals presented by Lucas Oil:
W/L Driver R-Time E-Time Speed
(W) LE Tonglet (Suzuki) 0.011 6.869 195.22
(L) Andrew Hines (Screamin' Eagle/Vance & Hines 0.028 6.962 194.13
4:40 p.m. Weather conditions: air temperature 88 degrees, relative humidity 30 percent, barometer 29.05 inches, adjusted altitude 3,413 feet, track temperature 121 degrees.
Hines is 3 - 1 against Tonglet in prior events and this is the first time they have faced each other in a final round.
Hines was looking for a "sweep" and a record one-race points total (because of bonus points for five rounds instead of four), but he had to settle for second place to the presumptive "Rookie of the Year." Tonglet left first by a hundredth, then extended his lead at every timing increment to win decisively.
A first-time Indy winner was assured in Pro Stock Motorcycle as Andrew Hines, who was runner-up here in 2008 in his only Indy final, took on rookie Tonglet. Tonglet, who's in the thick of the battle for the Automobile Club of Southern California Road to the Future award as the year's top first-year racer, didn't even know a week ago if he'd be competing at the event after wounding the team's only engine, but thanks to help from his engine builders – ironically, the Vance & Hines team – he was able to make it, and made the most of it. He scored his second career win and first at Indy with a 6.86, 195.22 decision over Hines' 6.96, 194.13.
"In Brainerd, when we broke that engine, our season was over," he admitted. "We weren't coming here but Vance & Hines and Fuel Pak stepped up and helped us out. Even so, I never expected to be sitting here telling you all how good I feel right now.
"We knew the Harley-Davidson would put down a big number and we knew we needed to step up. We have been taking it easy on this engine all weekend but we finally got my dad [Gary] to lean on it and we outran Eddie [Krawiec] in the semi's. Dad said, 'We've come this far. We're in it to win it.' We're still taking it race by race but after this, I think it's safe to say we'll be in Charlotte."
Tonglet, who is tuned by his older brother, GT -- who used to ride a Vance & Hines Harley – qualified his Suzuki No. 2 behind Hines and raced his way past Joe DeSantis, Chip Ellis, and Hines' teammate, Eddie Krawiec, to reach the final, his third of the season. Tonglet had a best run of 6.87 in round two, but his semifinal 6.90 just missed lane choice against Hines,
Hines, who has been on a hot streak all summer with the Vance & Hines Screamin' Eagle Harley, carried the momentum of his win in Brainerd three weeks ago into Indy, dominating all five qualifying sessions and resetting the national record at 6.815 en route to his 37th career final. On Monday, the second-generation rider powered past Wesley Wells, Steve Johnson, and, in a rematch of their Brainerd final, a broken Jim Underdahl with a pair of 6.92s and then a 6.89. Despite the final-round loss, Hines has an 81-point lead thanks to his qualifying heroics.