Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyas everyone,

The transformation begins. After much debate, looking at other options, then looking some more, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered my bags.

As much as the price tag makes me cringe, I could not find another bag that looked as good as the corbin fleetliner bags do for my 08 anniversary.

After commuting the 2.5 hours (one way) to work and my crash pad, I knew I needed more space.

I just hope the Mrs doesn't freak out about it as much as she did over the dual 37" monitors I have for my computers LOL.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So my bags will be here Tuesday and I expect to install them Wed or Thursday. The instructions online look pretty straight forward. Is there anything else I know know, tips or tricks or advice, from those who have installed them?

Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well to my surprise they showed up today. Wife looked outside and said hey look your bags are here. Never even heard a knock form the fedex guy. This was about 3 weeks after I placed my order.

Opened them up and looked them over. I have to admit i was impressed by the packaging first, then the overall finish. There is such a nice reflection and the surface is flawless. Opening the boxes you could smell the fresh paint. Each bag was wrapped in a terry cloth type material to protect the finish.

Now I am getting ready to do the install. I already know I need longer bolts for the front fender mounts and the luggage rack. I'll be seeing if there is anything else i need.

I'll be sure to post updates.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Began ths install to discover 2 bolts were missing from the package. Ran to lowes and got what I needed. Had to go anyways from other things I needed so no big deal. The support rack install was straight foward, as was the passenger peg relocation.

Got the bags mounted and came back out. Had totally forgotten about the bags and didn't even notice them until I got right to the bike. When the mrs went out to look at it she was impressed. My daughter in law didn't even see them until we pointed them out to her.

Overall I am very impressed. The quality and finish is superb. Disappointed that to $.15 bolts were missing, but it could have been worse.

I've attached a few pics.

MH

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As my Pop would say, "those are the berries" very, very nice, looks like a factory accessory, except they fit better. Great job!
Wish I could take some credit. It was all corbin. It was so easy to install. Very straightforward and their instructions have good pics. Heck it was so easy even a pilot could have put them on LOL.

The bags are easy to take off too if I need to get into the shocks et. Just 4 acorn nuts each. I'll try to take some more pics with measurements of the openings etc.

The bags were very stable at 100mph+ on my ride today. Going through the twisties was a breeze. I was a bit cautious to see how the bike would feel and react, but I couldn't really tell a difference.

All in all though I cannot be happier with the bags.

·
Kickstart My Heart!!
1,506 Posts
Just saw this. I could have alleviated your anxiety earlier.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137297

I have had these bags on my bike for 15,000 miles now. Could not be happier. I prefer the look without bags but these bags allow me to use the bike so much more.

They hold up, they don't leak, and I get compliments on them all the time. Bike looks like it rolled off the factory line with them installed. You will NEVER look back and regret spending the money on these.

Good choice, looks great.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just saw this. I could have alleviated your anxiety earlier.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137297

I have had these bags on my bike for 15,000 miles now. Could not be happier. I prefer the look without bags but these bags allow me to use the bike so much more.

They hold up, they don't leak, and I get compliments on them all the time. Bike looks like it rolled off the factory line with them installed. You will NEVER look back and regret spending the money on these.

Good choice, looks great.
I actually remember the thread. I agree with being more useful. Heck just putting them on yesterday and heading to my apt was nice.

Now i am just waiting to see if I take a hit on fuel mileage and if so how bad.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Nice! Love the look. Having bags makes the bike so much more useful. Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts