Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday I took my wife for a ride on the bike. It is the fist time she has been on it since I installed the new suspension.After a spring adjustment we go. We were riding for about 50 miles on some nice back roads and some short state hiway stuff. I pull up to a stop sign and lean back and aks her how she like the ride SHe says it great. We go about 10 more miles and now we are on a route back. Get behind a dump truck and the bike give a little hicup. But seems fine mind thinks something on the old farm road. About 5 miles later I notice a slight fishbite and think shit here we go agian. It has to be something in the CPU that is fucked. It has to be the heat that is doing it. I think one of the driver legs of solder has to be bad. About 1/2 hour out from home and bucking we stop for about 15 minutes and ride again. about 10 munite later its back but quick. Limping home found that lower gear and more RPM help keep from bucking as bad. Get about 5 minutes from home and stop again. Short stop but it helps. Pull in driveway and leave it running get riding gear off and pull out fuel pressure tester. It has been good every other time but the bike has had a chance to cool off. This time its hot and I have 48PSI That was after it took some time to refire. As I reved it it dropped to 20 PSI. and not much response. I now have a fuel pump coming and not sure if I will be able to get it with this virus going around. Its on short back order and will be about 8 more days. I thought maybe bad FP regulator but this is a heat related thing. When its cool it does exactly what it is supposed to do. When its hot it acts up.

While I wait I am going to replace the neck bearings. They have a knot in them and being I am down anyway now is the time. The knot was not there before the fork rebuild. I had an issue and HD replaced the neck bearings way back in 2008. I do not think they were done right because I had to have them re adjust it about 5 times. I think they did not loosen the lower tree pinch bolt. When I did all that it "set" and 300 miles later they are all boogered up.

I will keep yall posted on this.

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Good to hear suspension was much better, bummer on fuel problem but sounds like you caught the damn Gremlin screwing it up and then hiding so that's real good ! Let us know Chuck !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts