Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased what was advertised as the proper backrest (pad and rail) to fit the VRSCR. Every one I have seen advertised or mounted on a bike was chromed but this one is black. After specifically asking the seller twice about being sure it fit the Street Rod I was assured it fits. Anyone seen a black factory backrest? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2006 VRSCR Street Rod
18 Posts
I just purchased what was advertised as the proper backrest (pad and rail) to fit the VRSCR. Every one I have seen advertised or mounted on a bike was chromed but this one is black. After specifically asking the seller twice about being sure it fit the Street Rod I was assured it fits. Anyone seen a black factory backrest? Thanks again.
I got this info from someone else on here when I first got my Streetrod. It's a list of parts and corresponding HD part numbers for the Streetrod:
Baseplate: Part# 51156-06
Mini Sissy Bar Upright: Part# 51177-06
Chrome Low Sissy Bar Upright Part# 51162-06
Compact Passenger Backrest (Pad) Part# 53762-06
Luggage Rack Kit Part# 51119-01A
Luggage Rack Hardware Kit Part# 94263-04

I have seen the black ones when I reasearched what I needed for mine but the part numbers did not match to the VRSCR. The black ones seemed to fit different versions of the V-Rod (the base plate for the Streetrod is different than other bikes) so I waited out finding the chrome parts. Ended up with the base plate from eBay (came w/ mini sissy bar), luggage rack from a company on Amazon, and the SIssy bar upright w/ passenger backrest from someone on this forum. It's taken me about a full year to come up with everything. Take your time, this stuff is listed on eBay and on this forum now and again.Somewhere I have a PDF of the actual HD catalog pages for VRSC parts. If I can find it I'll put it up as well. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information! From what I have found online, the Mini Sissy Bar and backrest are the parts most often pictured, and I have seen photos on two UK websites of the Low Sissy Bar that is more of a grab rail. But all in chrome. We'll see what I bought...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts